December 6, 2023
About Our Company
We’re a not-for profit credit union owned by our members. Our innovative financial tools give you the freedom to live your life, with your finances under control.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst develops and translates complex data sets into easy-to-understand reports and dashboards that will help inform business decisions. A significant responsibility of this position is to support our sales and marketing teams by analyzing data, identifying trends, and providing actionable insights and lead generation. The Data Analyst must be familiar with data query tools, statistical analysis, and data presentation tools.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business units to identify growth opportunities and trends. Work extensively with the sales and marketing teams to understand their data requirements and provide necessary insights for informed decision-making. Analyzing data from multiple sources to identify trends and insights that enhance lead generation and marketing efforts.
- Develop data solutions to track organization KPIs, automate manual data entry processes, and support data quality reporting.
- Serve as a leader in developing specialized analysts across various business lines, providing guidance and training in data analysis tools and techniques.
- Engage in Value Teams and contribute to projects that advance the Credit Union's objectives.
- Adhere to data quality and data governance processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Measure the data analyst's ability to develop accurate, complete, and useful reports and dashboards for other departments on a recurring and as-needed basis.
- Evaluate the data analyst's effectiveness in increasing data literacy across the organization by acting as a resource and advocate for data, teaching, and empowering others to use data.
- Evaluate the data analyst's ability to communicate with other departments effectively, translate their business needs into requirements, and design reporting solutions that meet their needs.
- Evaluate the data analyst's willingness to share their knowledge and experience with other Data & Analytics team members and continuously expand their skill sets by learning new languages, techniques, and systems.
- Evaluate the data analyst's effectiveness in managing their time to meet deadlines, deliver high-quality work, and balance multiple requests, priorities, and deadlines.
- Measure the data analyst's ability to provide accurate and valuable insights using their applied knowledge of SQL database querying and understanding of the Gulf Winds data warehouse environment.
- Evaluate the data analyst's ability to present insights and key data relating to initiatives to various leadership teams, and work collaboratively with the AVP of Data & Analytics in planning and presenting informative data sessions for the Gulf Winds team.
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g., information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is critical at this level. Outside contacts become necessary, fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Experienced with data visualization software: Microsoft Power BI. Experience with data analytics tools: SQL, SRSS, SSIS, Python, and other relevant software. Demonstrated programming abilities. Symitar's core banking knowledge is a plus. Advanced Training in one or more software applications or programming certifications. Strong troubleshooting, logic, and attention to detail. Demonstrated proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software. Ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak English. Normally expected to work between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. but may be required to work nights and/or weekends. Must adhere to safety rules and regulations.
What we offer
Pay Rate: Starting at $70,000 annually