December 4, 2023
About Our Company
ManTech is more than a technology company. We are a company dedicated to service, and we consider our work a part of the public trust. The people of ManTech are privileged to work for the security of the United States, the welfare of our service members and veterans, the protection of our communities, and the cause of better health care.
We have served the nation for more than 50 years, and in that time we have continually changed and grown to provide the technology that government needs to meet new challenges. We seek people with the same strong ethic of service, creativity, energy, and dedication to serving our country.
We are comprised of more than 9,800 talented employees around the world. Nearly half of our employees are veterans. Many others come from the Intelligence Community, Homeland Security and federal civilian agencies. We understand our customers’ challenges because we know their world firsthand.
When Federal managers and military leaders face tough challenges in cyber, data collection & analysis, enterprise IT or systems and software engineering, they turn to ManTech to get the job done right. These professionals trust ManTech and stay with us for years because we understand their needs and tackle their most complex challenges head on. They know that reaching their goal is our ultimate objective.
Job Description & Responsibilities
ManTech is seeking an onsite (Solana Beach, CA) UAS Technician/Data Analyst with at least 2 years of professional experience in a related technical field.
The position would be responsible for supporting the UAS team which includes the following tasks:
- Conduct radiometric and geometric data processing on remote sensing data and imagery to prepare it for analysis
- Conduct validation of UAS sensor data in a field environment
- Assist UAS operations as Visual Observer and/or Pilot at Controls
- Assist Pilot in Command (PIC) during all stages of UAS data collection including, but not limited to, project planning, authorizations, agency coordination, flight operations, and data processing/analysis
- Clearly communicate scientific concepts and technical outcomes to non-technical users and stakeholders. Communicate classification, object detection, and photogrammetry results to GIS analysts, cartographers, project stakeholders, and clients
GIS tasks to include, but are not limited to:
- Standardized cartographic map figure development to be included in reports
- Geospatial data development per defined specifications
- Geodatabase design and geospatial data management
- Image analysis and data processing
- Ability to operate autonomously and within a team in a high production environment
Basic experience with GIS analysis and cartography is required. Develop and analyze geospatial data and associated attribute information.
The candidate must be able to multi-task effectively to accommodate working on various simultaneous and diverse efforts for both the US Navy and USMC, which may include environmental analysis mapping and data support, regional mapping, developing/maintaining web-maps and publishing data to ArcGIS Portal.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop/ArcPro.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical certificate in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, IT.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience.
- Understanding of Python scripting to perform GIS analysis and automate GIS processes.
- Knowledge of remote sensing and digital image processing techniques for classification, object detection, and photogrammetry.
- Knowledge of high-resolution true color, EO/IR, LiDAR, multispectral, and hyperspectral sensors. Experience with sensor characterization, maintenance, field operation, and data processing are required.
- Understanding of GNSS receivers, field data collection best practices, and GNSS differential correction or baseline processing.
- Ability to work well independently and with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a team-oriented environment.
- A strong understanding of common geospatial datasets such as vector data, orthoimagery, digital elevation models, and point clouds is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- United States Citizen
- Part 107 Certification.
- Experience working with and/or operating Group I and II (<55lbs) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- Ability to use and maintain an on-premises computing cluster for distributed image processing.
- Experience with software such as QGIS, ERDAS IMAGINE, conda, Metashape, HTDP, and VDatum.
- Experience with industry standard Python geospatial stack for internal tool development, automation, rapid prototyping, and ETL workflows. Examples include arcpy, GDAL, geopandas, shapely, rasterio, pyproj.
- Understanding of geodetic techniques, and the ability to ensure proper coordinate handling across multiple geospatial software suites. Able to track and characterize sources of positional error in software such as hidden datum transformations, datum mismatch, and time-dependant coordinate conversion.
- Experience with military operations, training, and infrastructure is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental planning and conservation is a plus.
- Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Familiar with ArcGIS Portal and web-map development.
- Self-motivated; strong initiative.
- Detail oriented; resourceful.
- Military experience.
- Secret Security Clearance, or ability to obtain necessary clearance
- Operate office equipment
- Be able to communicate professionally with ManTech employees and ManTech clients
- Must be able to observe and report
What we offer
The projected compensation range for this position is $71,400-$85,000. There are differentiating factors that can impact a final salary/hourly rate, including, but not limited to, Contract Wage Determination, relevant work experience, skills and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location (For Remote Opportunities), education and certifications as well as Federal Government Contract Labor categories. In addition, ManTech invests in it’s employees beyond just compensation. ManTech’s benefits offerings include, dependent upon position, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Retirement and Savings, Learning and Development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections.