December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Dallas College has come together to offer you the education you need as one unified college with seven campuses: Brookhaven, Cedar Valley, Eastfield, El Centro, Mountain View, North Lake and Richland.
The campuses of Dallas College equip students for successful living and responsible citizenship in a rapidly changing local, national and world community
Job Description & Responsibilities
Responsible for retrieving and analyzing data from a variety of data sources in order to provide information and analysis for planning, assessment, accountability and performance improvements in areas across the district.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Must have a broad knowledge of gathering data and experience as a research or data analyst. Knowledge of current higher education issues and changes within all district, local, state or legislative and national and/or federal education areas and maintains a high level of understanding and impact of changes to two-year colleges.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solving and analysis of advanced complexity for assigned area. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information and reports with attention to detail and accuracy. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical software for analyzing datasets. Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to manage a range of tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Capable of working independently on assignments, collaborating with other as well and the ability to maintain effective working relationships in a diverse environment. Works well with college leaders, faculty and staff to provide data requests ensuring the delivery of data and information are accurate and relevant.
- Knowledge of best practices when making decisions regarding data programming, data mining and creating organized data outputs from various data information systems. Experience leading projects, defining the scope of the project, establishing measurable time segments and monitoring the project to completion.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain strict confidentiality. Able to present complex ideas, and analytical findings clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and support for leading college activities in institutional research for strategic planning, continuous improvement, resource development and reporting using quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Coordinates data-gathering activities for day-to-day data report requests for all areas of the college, reporting student enrollment, success, completion and data for discipline, program and student support services. Conducts comprehensive studies on targeted topics such as student recruitment, enrollment projection, distance learning, retention and program effectiveness as requested.
- Proactively assists college leadership by providing relevant data for decision-making and maintains extensive knowledge base on issues and trends related to community colleges and higher education. Responsible for overall planning, management, completion and implementation of institutional research projects as assigned and confers with supervisor regarding standards and procedures.
- Writes reports, oversee college data compilation projects, distribution of surveys to internal and external customers, reviews higher education trends, and provides evidence of college outcomes and measures. Research various data reporting and visualization software that support college needs by attending conferences, and maintaining current technology trends in institutional research practice, including knowledge of software specifications, cost of annual renewal and licenses and quality of outputs and data representation.
- Must have solid listening, oral and written communications to communicate with a diverse array of stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year
- Performs other duties as required.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight items.
Minimum Knowledge And Experience
- Associate degree plus three (3) years of work-related experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license if traveling to off-site locations.
- Official transcripts are required.
What we offer
$53,000.00 per year