December 6, 2023
About Our Company
At Nordstrom, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements.
Our teams are made up of motivated people who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths show how hard work, loyalty, a competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
In addition to being a great place to have a career, we’re also committed to respecting the environment and supporting our communities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This Data Analyst 2 role is part of the Operations Performance Management team in Nordstrom Supply Chain that is responsible for supporting existing internal applications, automating data flow, analyzing collected data, and presenting data via reports and dashboards for business users.
This individual should have a high degree of curiosity about the business and the skills to discover impactful insights from data. They should be able to communicate those insights in a way that builds confidence and enables decisions that drive business value. They must also demonstrate high levels of professionalism and confidentiality as they will oversee sensitive employee level information.
A day in the life…
- Support day-to-day maintenance of existing internal Supply Chain applications such as Attendance Tracker, Employee Performance Tool, Quality Applications, PEP, Device Tracker, Assignment Board, and Inventory Research Application and respond to escalations on data quality and integrity
- Partner with key stakeholders to define business requirements to inform data collection and reporting solutions
- Mine data sources for new information and metrics, implementing new data collection systems where existing information is limited and/or non-existent
- Use advanced data visualization techniques to communicate solutions to business stakeholders
- Work with fellow team members and partners to continuously improve, streamline and automate report design, production, delivery, and documentation
You own this if you have…
- 3-5 years of experience in extracting & manipulating large data sets from various relational databases using SQL
- Experience building and maintaining advanced Dashboards with Tableau
- 1+ years of experience in C#
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., engineering, science, statistics, math) or equivalent combination of education, training, certification and experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey results to non-experts
- Self-directed ability to “hit-the-ground-running,” proactively identifying business data needs and formulating solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving abilities for overcoming roadblocks, innovatively driving quality solutions, balancing multiple tasks and competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, diplomatic, self-motivated, dependable and driven by a passion for excellence
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with peers, internal stakeholders and leadership
- Ability to build strong relationships, gain confidence and effectively communicate and work with teams and business partners
What we offer
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
California $87,500-$144,500 annually