We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Budget Data Analyst (Power BI/Excel/VBA expert) to join our team in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Global Health Center (GHC).
GHC’s mission is to improve the health, safety, and security of Americans while reducing morbidity and mortality worldwide. They leverage CDC’s core strengths to advance four overarching global health goals: improving the health and well-being of people around the world, improving capabilities for preparing and responding to infectious diseases and emerging health threats, building country public health capacity and maximizing organizational capacity.
The purpose of this position is to support the Financial Management and Budget team to improve fiscal stewardship and build capacity of the Division’s staff. Candidate will use, troubleshoot and design complex Power BI Dashboards, Power Apps, and Excel spreadsheets with heavy emphasis on the use of INDEX MATCH, formulas, pivot tables, VBA, and connections to external databases.
This role can be fully remote!
How a Budget Data Analyst Will Make An Impact
- Provide support to managers and program specialists in the budget formulation process. Compile background and historical data and documentation to assist in the development of budget estimates and justifications and to identify operating costs.
- Work with managers and program specialists in the development of annual work plans and schedules for the execution of approved budgets. Recommend reprogramming and adjustments to work plans to account for changes in funding levels, program changes, and unanticipated expenses.
- Automate and optimize current budget processes to streamline stakeholder workflow
- Validate aggregated management and operations budget data for 40 branches/countries and aligning management and operations (M&O) data to various reports and division metrics
- Support the financial tracking and reporting for the Division
- Collect, manipulate, analyze, evaluate, and display data using Power BI Dashboards, Reports or other data delivery solutions to business stakeholders
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting as needed on budget and financial tools
- Perform budget development, formulation and/or execution functions for assigned programs or administrative budget areas.
- Track obligations, expenditures and the flow of funds. Ensure fund availability for the processing of obligating documents.
- Monitor, review and reconcile commitments, obligations, reimbursable orders, etc. Assure that obligations incurred and resulting expenditures of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations.
- Identify potential issues and provide recommendations for resolution of budgetary problems.
- Identify opportunities and recommend process improvements to the budgetary processes, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct data entry of financial information into Excel and other customer financial systems.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of ad hoc and reoccurring reports and analyses related to financial management issues
- Participate in special projects as required.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, IT or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 2+ years of financial management, accounting, budgeting, business or IT experience.
- 2+ years of expert experience working with and be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel. Specifically in the use of INDEX MATCH, nested IF statements, SUMIF, and COUNTIF functions.
- Proven experience and familiarity with Power BI & Power Query Editor
- Proven experience with SQL Databases
- Experience with Database Relationship Modeling
- Experience and comfort working on Office365 online
- Exposure to and understanding of Power Platform: Power Apps, Power Automate
- Experience with basic automation (i.e., auto-generating Word documents/PDFs from Excel)
- Experience with VBA, fluency preferred.
- Knowledge of CDC and Federal budget processes, policies, procedures, and regulations preferred
- Ability to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
Attributes For Success
- Demonstrated eagerness to identify and solve problems
- Client relationship management and consulting experience
- Ability to learn new software systems and to utilize this expertise to provide client deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Gdit Is Your Place
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
The likely salary range for this position is $66,400 - $99,600. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary. Rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.