Human achievement is at the heart of what we do. We put our belief into action by not only ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, but by going even further – making an impact in ways that go beyond an insurance policy.
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Client Reporting and Data Analyst, HIMCO
The Hartford is proud to offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are designated as enterprise core days, when we expect this person to come to the office.
HIMCO is currently seeking a Client Reporting and Data Analyst to support both the Client Management & Product Development team and the Multi-Sector Portfolio Management team. These teams are ultimately responsible for the support and delivery of customizable investment solutions through the institutional and retail channels in a variety of different sectors across fixed income, equity, and alternative asset markets. The analyst will have specific responsibilities related to client management including reporting, servicing, and other account operating functions. They will also be involved in business development initiatives with the objective of growing assets under management, investment channels, and revenue opportunities for the firm. Within portfolio management the emphasis will be on the development of a strong understanding and analysis that adds value to the investment decision-making process. They will interact with multi-sector portfolio managers, single-sector managers, credit analysts, traders, the macro-team, and risk managers in achieving key performance objectives for our clients.
- Given the cross functional nature, this role will encompass the full life cycle of the investment process with an opportunity to develop and advance exposure across multiple areas of the firm.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization (e.g., Middle Office, Operations, Accounting, Enterprise Risk Management, and the Investment Platform). This will involve collating data and information for standard client reporting deliverables, ad hoc client requests, investment activity, portfolio positioning, risk and stress testing analysis, and capital market developments to be presented internally and externally.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day investment process, the investment strategies and asset classes utilized across portfolio mandates, and a detailed knowledge of the characteristics of each client account.
- Validate data across the reporting and analytics functions ensuring accuracy and consistency working with teams across the organization to the extent discrepancies are identified.
- Maintain and enhance data files/exhibits, presentations, and fact sheets that highlight the value proposition of the firm, products, investment process and asset classes.
- Collect, model, and analyze data needed to rebalance and develop investment strategies working closely with portfolio managers, analysts, and traders.
- Support in enhancing existing investment processes to add value, decrease risks, and improve upon sustainable, repeatable, durable, and consistent decision-making.
- Assist in completing client/prospect requests for information related to client contract renewals, due diligence efforts or new mandate/business proposals.
- Support Product Management and Development initiatives through product, market, and competitor research.
- Strong Communication Skills: Able to communicate in a high-pressure environment; articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing, to various partners across the organization.
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical, rational, and logical thinking skills and a proven ability to solve problems holistically and systematically in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Individual who thrives collaborating and working with others to solve problems.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong relationship skills and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization in an appropriate and time sensitive manner.
- Market Knowledge: Good grasp of capital markets and a desire to deepen both knowledge and experience with the investment process.
- Bond Math & Risk Analytics: An understanding and familiarity with bond math.
- Database Savviness: Advanced abilities with data management systems and capacity to handle large data sets such as Excel, VBA, Business Objects, BlackRock Solutions, and Bloomberg.
- Efficient & Effective: Proven ability to work independently and drive initiatives to conclusion in a timely manner; capacity to execute on objectives in a demanding environment with distractions and time pressures; able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Initiative: Exemplifies a high degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity.
- Academic Success: Strong academic achievement with a Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial, or related field; CFA candidate, CFA, MBA, or graduate degree in an investment-related discipline a plus.
- Experienced: 3+ years relevant work experience in the investment management industry a strong plus.
As a condition of your employment for HIMCO, you will be required to affirm to HIMCO’s Code of Ethics and understand that you will be required to comply with the disclosure of accounts, holdings and pre-clearance of trades for the accounts of you and your household family members as more fully described in the Code of Ethics Key Points. If you will be deemed to be a “Covered Associate” under HIMCO’s Pay to Play Policy, you will also need to disclose all political contributions that you have given within the past 2 calendar years.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$97,750 - $132,250