December 6, 2023
About Our Company
VNS Health is one of the nation’s largest nonprofit home and community-based health care organizations. Innovating in health care for more than 125 years, our commitment to health and well-being is what drives us—we help people live, age and heal where they feel most comfortable, in their own homes, connected to their family and community. On any given day, more than 10,000 VNS Health team members deliver compassionate care, unparalleled expertise and 24/7 solutions and resources to the more than 43,000 “neighbors” who look to us for care. Powered and informed by data analytics that are unmatched in the home and community-health industry, VNS Health offers a full range of health care services, solutions and health plans designed to simplify the health care experience and meet the diverse and complex needs of those we serve in New York and beyond.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Compiles, analyzes, and reports on member and product data by leveraging relevant data to support strategic business decisions. Provides reporting and analytical support in the use of clinical, financial, and operational data as well as in the interpretation of healthcare policy in order to ensure that effective, timely, and accurate information is supplied to internal and external customers of VNS Health, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met. Coordinates with the Business Intelligence, clinical/business operations and/or the product management team in reporting on key performance indicators and driving efficiencies through better data capture and process improvement to support operational needs. Works under general supervision.
- Designs queries, collects raw data from disparate sources and database systems, and provides analysis to identify operational trends in efficiency, turnaround times, utilization patterns, productivity, etc. as well as develops analytical plans aimed at improving specific performance indicators, raising member retention rate, reducing hospitalizations, and tracking utilization trends.
- Gathers requirements from stakeholder units, performs systems analysis and solution design, tests new or enhanced systems and workflows, and develops support documentation to meet new operational needs.
- Performs root cause analysis to identify gaps in current workflows; meets with department leadership to solicit cooperation, establish priorities, and resolve problems. Provides business owners with analytical support for resolution of data management and business problems.
- Uses mathematical and analytical methods to assess efficiency of health plan processes; investigates workflow, data management and other operational issues; identifies and solves problems; and makes recommendations for new systems or related procedures.
- Develops a strong understanding of how clinical operational workflows, care management workflows, and business process changes map to data stored within database systems and ensures that this knowledge is disseminated to team members and other data consumers.
- Participates in defining the scope of projects at VNS Health, developing project plans, and ensuring momentum of projects toward stated goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks, and time frames, to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Identifies and responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership.
- Promotes efforts to improve access to information and the ability of business staff at all levels to use data to generate change and improvements. Utilizes the most effective technology to distribute findings and disseminate information.
- Ensures presentation of metrics and data is consistently defined, formatted, and labeled across end-user deliverables and reports.
- Works with the business leads to make process enhancements that allow for appropriate data capture and defines the requirements for the business intelligence and analytics teams to build dashboards for oversight and monitoring.
- Coordinates and performs data quality exploration and validation on new data sources.
For VNS Health Plans Clinical Operations and Population Health only:
- Assists department management with database and department reports. Conducts operations review and analysis of processes and procedures, issues report of findings, and implements approved changes as required.
- Assists department management with the preparation of correspondence, data and drafting materials for presentations, reports, publications, etc. Inputs, retrieves, compiles and formats information/data and prepares/develops and maintains statistical reports, using appropriate word processing software, and spreadsheet software, as necessary.
- Facilitates the gathering and documentation of data, identifies missing information and follows-up with appropriate sources to get this information.
- Develops and implements manual and automated systems, as necessary, to assure efficiency of operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, statistics, epidemiology, mathematics, computer science or social sciences, or related field of study required
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of two years of progressive work experience in data analysis required
- Experience in health care and clinical data analysis preferred
- Experience with large data sets and/or the analysis of member/patient-level healthcare data required
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation required. Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with data modeling and analytics required
- Proficiency with MS Excel functions, including macros, pivot tables, filtering and formatting required
- Strong data application, informatics and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of relational databases and programming experience in SQL required
- Knowledge of home care, community-based service delivery, and Medicare/Medicaid payment policy preferred
- Experience with statistical software (R, SAS, Python) and business intelligence applications (Microstrategy, Tableau, R-Shiny) preferred
What we offer
$75,000.00 - $93,700.00 Annual