AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, sparking ingenuity to drive responsible use of the world’s resources. The company’s secure industrial cloud platform and applications enable businesses to harness the power of their information and improve collaboration with customers, suppliers and partners.
Over 20,000 enterprises in over 100 countries rely on AVEVA to help them deliver life’s essentials: safe and reliable energy, food, medicines, infrastructure and more. By connecting people with trusted information and AI-enriched insights, AVEVA enables teams to engineer efficiently and optimize operations, driving growth and sustainability.
Named as one of the world’s most innovative companies, AVEVA supports customers with open solutions and the expertise of more than 6,400 employees, 5,000 partners and 5,700 certified developers. With operations around the globe, AVEVA is headquartered in Cambridge, UK.
The Commercial Data Analyst, Industrial Platform Business is responsible for delivering analytical insights to the industrial platform business leadership team, thus being a key change agent in driving actionable, data-based decision-making. This role will coalesce data from multiple commercial sources and utilize reporting & analytical tools to generate detailed information and statistics to identify trends, efficiencies and new opportunities or risks related to the commercialization of AVEVA’s industrial platform services.
- Leverage data from a variety of sources (SFDC, Oracle, Gainsight, AVEVA Connect, etc.) and work with cross-functional operations teams to create, modify, and distribute standard and ad hoc business performance management reports/dashboards.
- Work with industrial platform leadership team to define measures of success, enable tracking of those metrics and analyze metrics on a monthly basis to identify areas of opportunity and actionable insights.
- Identify reporting requirements, create documents for the requirements and work with IT and product teams to ensure the business is able to track performance metrics.
- Work with product management to understand product capabilities; collaborate with global pricing & licensing team to develop commercial packing & pricing alternatives; and gather customer & market data to deliver projections, revenue impact and other analytical insights of the commercial model proposal.
- Perform ad-hoc general and account specific pre/post-deals analytics, synthesize insights and present identified trends, gaps & opportunities to internal senior stakeholders to drive data-driven discussions and decisions.
- Potentially engage in strategic large deals and strategic partnerships to drive data analysis to define the impact of discount and commercial conditions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred in data science)
- Experience in SaaS and subscription business (experience in platform business model is a plus)
- Strong background in business analytics and critical thinking
- Demonstrated aptitude to successfully gather and executing report requirements
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate, facilitate and influence across senior stakeholders to establish buy-in and agreement
- Knowledge of BI platforms, ERP and CRM applications required.