December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Sezzle is a payments company on a mission to financially empower the next generation. Sezzle’s payment platform increases the purchasing power for millions of consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores and in-store locations. When consumers apply, approval is instant, and their credit scores are not impacted, unless the consumer elects to opt-in to a credit building feature, called Sezzle Up.
This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the more than 47,000 Active Merchants that offer Sezzle.
As the only B Corp in fintech, Sezzle proves that all industries - even payments - can do their part to provide solutions and make a positive impact today and into the future.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Sezzle is seeking a Data Analyst to drive business success with analytics. This is a quantitative and technical role: you will code, and you will code a lot. This is a collaborative role: you will talk and you will listen; you will teach and you will learn. You’ll be responsible for quantitative operational, financial and strategic analytics & reporting. You will collaborate closely with business leaders to create, drive, implement and measure solutions. Teams you may collaborate with can include Product, Engineering, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Support, Legal, Compliance and People Operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with business teams to understand their priorities and analytics needs
- Create sophisticated analyses and reporting to provide insights at scale that support growth strategies and empower data-informed decision-making
- Visualize and articulate analytics results to make it easy for stakeholders to interpret and take actions
- Help stakeholders identify new opportunities through data analysis
- Create, monitor, review, and analyze reports and dashboards, take initiative to fix issues that arise and conduct root cause analyses
- Degree in statistics, math, finance, economics, data science, computer science or related quantitative discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience working with data, which can include: complex dataset creation, reporting, profiling, and machine learning
- Expert in using SQL to extract data and create actionable data sets
- Experience with Python for data processing and analytics
- Ability to complete analyses with minimal guidance
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Redash, Tableau, Looker or Power BI
- Comfortable making impactful decisions in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, able to pivot quickly to new priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong business judgment and communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience optimizing operational and financial performance
- Experience in payments, financial services, banking, fintech, BNPL, etc...
The Tech You’ll Work With:
- Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Data build tool (dbt)
- AWS, G Suite, Mac
- Online assessment
- Conversation with our recruiter.
- SQL interview with Coderpad. Share your SQL knowledge.
- Verbal case study interview. Share how you approach new problems. A “How would you…” conversation.
- Verbal behavioral interview. Share your problem-solving experience. A “Tell me about a time when you…” conversation.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
What we offer
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- 401k with match
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals