February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Cambia Health Solutions is a family of companies headquartered in Portland, Oregon, working to create a person-focused and economically sustainable health care system.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Work Remotely from Oregon, Washington, Idaho or Utah
Provides consultation on the design, testing and enhancement of corporate programs. Achieves actionable insights and solutions using analytical and statistical methods, project management and business knowledge. Researches and evaluates programs and outcomes to determine performance against stated objectives. Documents and communicates recommendations and solutions to business partners.
- Perform complex analyses on programs and initiatives and creates visual representations and summary reports of findings. Develops meaningful dashboards and presentations that use information to inform and influence business activities and strategies.
- Applies knowledge of state and federal regulatory policies and procedures to program analysis and recommended actions.
- Extract, sort, cleanse, aggregate and process data from multiple sources, developing queries and reports based on business requirements.
- Work both independently and as part of a larger team supporting various internal customer groups on identifying business challenges and evaluating solutions to achieve objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business cases, identify business problems and understand desired business outcomes.
- Completes analysis and applies judgment to derive recommendations for complex challenges and initiatives.
- Ensures the appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Prepares and presents standard and ad-hoc analysis to business partners thathelp guide decisions and support results.
Work primarily performed in corporate and home office environment.
Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
May be required to work outside of normal hours.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Experience with analytical / statistical programming tools for data extraction and summarization, statistics, visualization and analysis (Alteryx, SAS, SQL, R, Tableau, etc.). Ability to develop and modify queries to extract large amounts of data for standard and ad-hoc data requests.
- Experience with pre-processing of data, such as cleansing, aggregating, sorting, and combining data. Ability to combine multiple sources of data.
- Experience or coursework in advanced analytics such as analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative data, independently or as part of a team. Ability to synthesize analytic insights with business questions, literature, judgment, and policy knowledge to develop options, action plans, and solutions for internal business partners.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively interface and communicate with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate or coordinate activities or projects, including the ability to identify business requirements, resolve issues, and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
Additional Minimum Requirements For Consulting Research Analyst
- Deeper experience than Consulting Research Analyst Associate in analytical / statistical programming tools and in the ability to extract, summarize, and visualize data for requests. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly and accurately pre-process and combine multiple sources of data.
- Demonstrated application of advanced analytic skills in one or more areas including analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, multivariate modeling, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to provide analysis and data interpretation in support of strategy development, program implementation, and evaluation. Ability to develop and recommend innovative solutions by synthesizing literature, expert opinion, policy, and analytic insights.
- Ability to serve as a Cambia resource for current programs and new opportunities by combining business knowledge with program evaluation concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to present to and communicate with a broad array of internal and external customers, including leadership.
- Ability to coordinate across teams or functions to drive solutions and to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner. Assists with training and staff development activities.
- Applies knowledge of healthcare and interventions to improve member experience and achieve cost containment and other corporate objectives.
- Designs, develops or oversees acceptance testing of new reports, programs, and models. Reviews reports and other deliverables with end customer in mind to ensure outputs meet expectations prior to being put into production.
What we offer
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current.
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off and company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities for a complete list see our External Total Rewards page.