February 26, 2024
About Our Company
For 150 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Today, Holland America Line's fleet of 11 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents. Cruises include both popular and less-traveled ports in the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe, Mexico, South America, the Panama Canal, Australia, New Zealand and Asia — as well as unique voyages to the Amazon, Antarctica and our extended Grand Voyages.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing Technical Demand Planning Data Analyst to fill this role. You’ll be responsible for supporting the demand planning process within Holland America Group’s Maritime Business Services responsible for analyzing / cleaning historical data, generating best-fit forecasts, analyzing the exceptions, and creating reports. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented with strong analytical skills and is enthusiastic in digging into root causes, developing repeatable and efficient workflows, and welcoming positive changes within data analytics to support this new technical demand planning process.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Technical Demand Planning Data Analyst. Is this you?
- Automate and generate multiple demand planning and auto-requisition (AR) reports that are shared with cross-functional team on regular basis e.g., best fit forecasts, AR reports, demand planning dashboards, master data exception reports and materials for consensus demand reviews...
- Support AR program by reviewing/updating vessels’ feedbacks, processing requisitions in AMOS (Asset Management Operating System), analyzing root causes, and collaborating with cross-functional team to take proper actions.
- Analyze historical technical spares’ consumption (over 700K part/component combinations per vessel across 35+ vessels). Review the baseline forecasts, identify, analyze, and report the exceptions.
- Support planning system(s) implementation
- Support master data management initiatives
- Document assumptions, process & procedure, and policies
- Update demand segmentation quarterly (ABC velocity)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within data analysis
- Basic understanding in Demand Planning and/or Inventory Planning
- Preferred working knowledge of shipboard or warehouse technical spares / inventory operations.
- Preferred background in maritime industry with associated systems and processes.
- Able to demonstrate strong detailed analytical skillset
- Intermediate level knowledge of Access, SQL, and Power BI
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Working understanding of Data Warehouse and data virtualization
- Ability to work in complex organizations under ambiguous circumstances with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task with an understanding of project priorities
- Working knowledge of AMOS or similar WMS/ERP
- Inventory/forecasting system implementation experience
- Experience in planning of technical parts in maritime industry
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Data visualization
- Able to work with a diverse set of people from multiple countries
- Preferred experience in generating Senior Management level analysis and presentations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
Please note that this position can be 100% fully remote, US Only (please note that Holland America Line is not setup to hire anyone in the following states: AR, DE, HI, ME, MN, MS, NE, NH, OK, SD, VT, WV, WY)
What we offer
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
Base Salary Range: $ 63,700.00 to $ 86,000.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.