December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch’s global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy, and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the world’s leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures for the world’s deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst is part of the Philanthropy Advancement Services (AS) team and reports to the Director, Philanthropy Analytics & Data Architecture. The 20+ member AS team manages and analyzes an extensive donor/prospect database with more than 600,000 constituent and prospect records combined. AS helps maintain and strengthen the Philanthropy infrastructure while stressing the importance of quality data collection, centralized acknowledgement and gift handling, outstanding prospect management and research, valuable analytics and reporting, innovative software integration, campaign readiness, Luminate TeamRaiser web production, and database administration, integrity, and training.
The Database Analyst uses various specialized data sources (RENXT, Luminate Online, Smartsheet, Tableau, and SQL Server) and software applications to extract data, create reports, and deliver valued business insights. The analyst prepares accurate and timely data sets that enable Philanthropy to execute mailing campaigns, mail invitations, reconcile data pools, and report on outcomes. The Philanthropy team designs and evaluates fundraising strategies based on analyst projects. In addition, this position helps maintain data workbooks that improve philanthropy operations, streamline business practices, and reduce staff time and effort. A variety of special projects are associated with this position.
This role is also responsible for interacting with the customer base in the gathering and documenting of reporting requirements. The Data Analyst monitors shared work queue resources at all times for email and mailing deadlines.
This position will be a hyrid role minimum 2 days per week at our South Lake Union campus.
- Master all relevant aspects of the RENXT, Luminate Online, Omatic, Tableau, Smartsheet, and SQL Server
- Execute complex queries to cultivate prospective and current donor communications
- Demonstrate skills in interpreting complex problems and executing collaborative solutions
- Identify and act on opportunities to reduce data redundancy and improve data quality
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and tune existing data for reports and data extractions
- Deliver critical internal and external financial reporting including NACCDO annual survey
- Serve as a liaison with the business community around the usage and deployment of reporting solutions
- Utilize approved BI tools to translate written requirement documents into reporting artifacts
- Prepare for and actively participate in design, development, and quality assurance reviews
- Respond to ad hoc requests for reports and other data and reporting artifacts
- Participate in change control, problem management, and communication process
- Strictly adhere to established reporting guidelines and standards
- Assist in preparing work effort estimates for assigned projects
- Meet required deadlines as outlined by project team and business partners
- Respond to any implementation issues as needed to ensure quality deliverable has been met
- Assist the data quality team in tracking down/debugging potential data quality issues
- Present process improvements, system upgrades, and data insights with authority and conviction
- Partner with vendors to deliver solutions that achieve the mutual goal of customer success
- Produce high-quality output consistent with team, industry, and accounting standards and practices
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the full breadth and depth of technical data reporting solutions
- Foster an internal culture of data excellence through personal and professional actions
- Evaluate new and existing software products, systems, and processes
- Create and maintain a library of standard operating procedures for training of frontline fundraisers
- Research, and resolve problems, ambiguities, or inconsistencies in the data
- Document data issues, processes, and systems on a regular ongoing basis
- Actively engage with Data and Reporting team through formal and informal communication
- Foster ongoing communication between AS team and all Philanthropy programs
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times
- Fulfill other duties as assigned or self-initiated with supervisor approval
- Serve as main administrator for all changes within database
- Manage and control system security including HIPAA compliant patient data
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare in healthcare informatics, business/healthcare administration or equivalent OR two to five years of experience in data development/business intelligence/analytics
- EXCEL – advanced skills and working knowledge
- SQL Server advanced query skills
- Sharp analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment and have a proven record of positive contributions to the team
- Proven track record coaching and mentoring team members
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Expert Blackbaud product suite experience including RENXT, Luminate Online, Merchant Services
- Blackbaud and Smartsheet administrative experience
- Advanced Tableau desktop experience
- Non-profit experience
- Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or Marketing degree
What we offer
The annual base salary range for this position is from $74,358.00 to $111,536.00, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).