December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Join Our Family, Build Your Career -
SanMar’s success and growth can be attributed to one thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. We promote a culture that recognizes the importance of a healthy work-life balance. Recognizing that happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar, we encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual environment that taps full employee potential.
At SanMar, we do more than make and sell t-shirts. We build meaningful connections that elevate lives. As the largest supplier of wholesale imprintable clothing and accessories in the United States, our products and the connections they create impact organizations, individuals, and the world we live in. It all started more than 50 years ago with a business philosophy that has held true since day one: Be Nice and Tell the Truth. Family owned and operated, SanMar is based in Issaquah, Washington, with eight distribution centers nationwide and apparel from more than 30 celebrated brands.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst, Workforce Optimization supports the Sales Leadership team, producing and maintaining both ad-hoc analysis and day-to-day reporting. They collaborate with internal partners to mine and analyze quantitative and qualitative workforce and operational data to generate reports and reveal insights that lead to great operational decisions.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Produce and maintain ad-hoc analysis and day-to-day reporting of sales workforce and operational data to reveal insights that lead to great operational decisions.
- Explore data files to determine trends and relationships between variables.
- Assist with qualitative strategic projects by conducting independent research and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Leverage Excel to mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences, and present findings to leaders across the Sales Leadership team.
- Organize and transform information into comprehensible structures; use tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs.
- Determine how critical data and KPIs are addressed in new systems or feature development and build analytics requirements into core systems to ensure comprehensive metrics are supported.
- Gather operational data from various cross functional stakeholders to examine past business performance.
- Identify data patterns and trends, and provide insights to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, solution assessment, etc.
- Create basic to sophisticated ad hoc report requests; use insights from data exploration to prepare basic visualizations and PowerPoint reports.
- Provide documentation and write business requirements to assist with the automation of reporting and data tools.
- Contribute to periodic audits of data within business systems/platforms.
- Work with other reporting teams across the organization to ensure data quality and accuracy.
What Are We Looking For?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Statistics or Workforce Management.
- 1-3 years of related experience in productivity & efficiency analysis.
- 1-3 years of related experience in a call center environment.
- Must have expert knowledge in MS Office suite – specifically within Excel with Macros and advanced formulas.
- Experience working with disparate data sets, data mining, data/text visualization tools, and creation of dashboards.
- Experience working within CRMs specifically SalesForce.
- Experience working with Workforce Management Software.
- Basic knowledge or interest about apps support procedures, concepts and other technical areas.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, must be capable of telling a story that is based on complex data/information to others.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
What we offer
What's Our Offer?
Salary Range: You`ll earn between $65,500 - $99,750 annually, depending on experience.
Bonus: You`ll be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus up to 10% of base salary.
Paid Time Off: You`ll accrue paid time off on a bi-weekly basis based on hours worked up to 112 hours per year to start. Employees also receive 7 paid holidays and 1 paid family day off.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k plan and matches $1 for $1 up to 4% of earnings, matched & vested at every pay cycle
- Life insurance
- Short/long-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Pet insurance
What Should You Expect?
Hybrid: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work environment is moderately quiet. Ability to work on computer for multiple hours with frequent interruptions.
SanMar's Eastpointe office is located near Seattle, WA and our standard working hours are 8:00-5:00 PST. Quarterly travel may be required.