About Our Company
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. With our heritage of ingenuity coupled with modern business practices, we serve as a trusted partner that can innovate and implement solutions. Our team of companies, with more than 3,300 employees, manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing, and mission solutions portfolios — ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Cherokee Federal’s team of small disadvantaged business entities, many of which are 8(a) and/or HUBZone certified, offer attractive contract vehicles with unique advantages – resulting in a streamlined, responsive contract management process.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst/Epidemiologist will support the GEIS Branch by coordinating and managing data generated from GEIS-funded surveillance activities including genomic data from emerging pathogens like SARS-CoV-2. This role will also support decision-makers by generating routine reports and other products resulting from surveillance activities with GEIS partners around the world.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Request, collect, and manage different types of surveillance data (including genomic data generated from next generation sequencing activities) generated by GEIS-funded laboratories across the continental United States (CONUS) and outside of the continental U.S. (OCONUS).
- Perform statistical operations related to data management, cleaning and analysis (including imports, merges, queries, quality checks) as well as operations needed to maintain large datasets and databases containing aggregate surveillance data on infectious disease pathogens.
- Generate summary statistics, tables, and other visualizations to translate surveillance data into informational products for technical and non-technical audiences and decision-makers.
- Develop standard operating procedures and quality assurance processes for data management and analysis within the GEIS program.
- Create talking points, tables, figures, maps, data visualizations, and slides for presentations and publications with minimal oversight.
- Track and respond to internal and external requests for information.
- Support the development and implementation of databases and dynamic dashboards.
- Provide subject matter expertise to advance collection, harmonization, analysis, evaluation, collation, and translation of surveillance data from GEIS partners to products that inform GEIS’s customers.
- Support GEIS partners during the development of manuscripts and reports for DoD stakeholders and peer-reviewed publications.
- Support the GEIS Focus Areas through proposal evaluation and consultation on feasibility and scientific relevance of proposed surveillance activities.
- Maintain awareness of infectious disease surveillance policies and literature external to AFHSD, such as CDC and WHO; share relevant information with GEIS staff to ensure understanding of the broader picture of these relevant areas, reduce redundancy, and align GEIS initiatives with broader DoD and USG strategy.
- Provide programmatic support as requested by GEIS Program Manager, to include reviewing and revising documents and other deliverables.
Education And Experience
- Master’s degree (MPH, MSPH, MSc, or related degree) or Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, or related degree) with a minimum 3 years of experience in data analysis/management, research, or public health setting required.
- Experience supporting Federal clients, particularly DoD, preferred.
Skills And Abilities
- Strong skills and experience with data management, programming, and analysis tools (e.g., M S Excel, MS Access, SAS, and R/R Studio) required.
- Ability to utilize statistical programming software independently with little oversight required; candidate should be able to develop new programs as well as read and troubleshoot existing programs as needed.
- Skills and experience with mapping and visualization tools, including open-source programs (e.g., Tableau, ArcGIS, Power BI, MapChart, Canva) required.
- Experience implementing data and analytics strategies in a complex global organizational structure.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives to provide data-related solutions.
- Ability to collaborate in fast-paced, team environment.
- Must be a US Citizen and have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
- Must be able to pass s drug screen and background check.
- This is a hybrid position. Climate-controlled office during normal business hours and tele-work.
What we offer
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $ 90,000.00 - $ 105,000.00 annually.
(CNSP) offers a competitive benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans for regular full-time employees, 401(k) with 100% match up to 6%, life insurance, paid time off and more. Paid sick leave is provided in accordance with applicable law.