This is not your typical financial institution. It’s our people who make us a cut above. Here, every person is respected because of their differences, not in spite of them. We pride ourselves on a culture of purpose, passion and compassion.
At Mizuho, we provide the stability of an international industry leader with the career trajectory of a growing business. Our steady, strategic growth gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a boutique firm or an established giant could offer alone.
Working for Mizuho opens doors not just to a rewarding career with excellent prospects, but to lasting friendships with colleagues from diverse cultures. It’s the local expertise of our employees that makes our global network so powerful. By collaborating with colleagues and clients who have your same ambition, you can amplify your sphere of influence and base of knowledge as part of one of the largest—and growing—banks in the world.
We’re all global citizens, and that’s why our company feels compelled to make an impact through more than just drawing up deals. We prove that it’s possible to do well and do good. We do right by our clients, our community and each other.
Seeking a Financial Data Analyst to work in the Investment & Corporate Banking COO Office of a growing business. This position plays a key function in managing the banking pipeline, finance reconciliation, analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate with Banking Americas client coverage officers and product partners to ensure deal pipeline is up-to-date in CRM System (Salesforce)
- Maintain daily financial control data for updating deal status, Flash and projection purposes
- Lead aspects of data management; maintain and ensure the data integrity of client records included in our CRM (Salesforce) and Client Data warehouse
- Manage M&A tracker and own M&A P&L flash process
- Monitor daily data feed, and verify the accuracy of customer, facility and deal data
- Own monthly reconciliation of product income against estimates by analyzing variances related to revenue, and compare and correct data to reconcile transactions and ensure proper product categorization
- Produce routine business/financial reports, design customized reports and dashboard, and work on ad-hoc requests from senior executives
- Collaborate with team members to work on various strategic planning and automation projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Information Technology
- Year of data management or finance/middle office experience in leading financial institutions (front office preferred) and/or experience in Big 4 public accounting
- Working knowledge of investment and corporate banking and capital market products or strong interest in learning the industry
- Self-starter and great problem solving skills, able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong skill set in MS Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Strong data reporting experience, ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely - knowledge in Salesforce, Capital IQ, Power BI and SAS database a plus
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Flexible, organized, and be extremely detail oriented
- Demonstrate sense of urgency in meeting challenging deadlines and achieving goals
- Fantastic verbal and written communicator who enjoys collaborating with others
- Great team player and willing to share knowledge/ help others in the group
All or part of (depending on the level) the following is required:
- MBA, MS or BA degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in a financial institution or accounting role
- Experience writing and supporting business communication
- Superior oral/written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to details in work product
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with limited supervision.
- Strong drive and motivation to excel
- Excellent knowledge of corporate finance, capital markets and financial services
- Tolerance and understanding in multi cultures.
- Open office - collaborative team environment
- Hybrid office approach with 6 remote days per month
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
The expected base salary ranges from $75K - $100k. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications and licenses obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.