People. Purpose. Passion. These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval with out waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of prime, sub-prime, and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
Westlake Financial, one of the largest and most innovative auto finance companies in the United States, is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to be part of the Business Strategy & Analytics group. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will gain mastery over Westlake’s loan origination and servicing data, and collaborate with IT to deploy this data in an easy to use way for all analysts in the company. You will also develop new reporting tools and maintain existing reports in Tableau, automated Excel reports, and more.
This person will support senior management with regular summaries and synopses of reports related to Westlake and its subsidiary companies and promote data and business intelligence best practices throughout the company.
- Update Data Warehouse tables to serve the evolving needs of other analysts and management through the company
- Troubleshoot and correct any data integrity issues, including making operational recommendations to prevent the problem from re-occurring
- Develop and monitor reports relied on by senior management
- Maintain multiple report generation and automation tools and streamline these where possible.
- Prepare and present executive summaries and recommendations to senior management.
- Take ownership of business processes and offer improvements supported by data.
- Collaborate with Data Science and Machine Learning to deliver clean data for use in advanced predictive modeling.
- Perform all other duties as required in support of our company strategic initiatives.
Essential Experience And Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in math, science, business, or another technical field
- Previous work experience (1-3 years) in a related field
- Strong knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) queries
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, OFFSET, AVERAGEIF, INDEX, MATCH, etc.)
- Organized and has efficient time management skills
- Adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and problem-solving
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Expert Excel skills including macros and VBA
- Experience automating queries and designing Data Warehouse tables
- Tableau business intelligence platform
- BIRT reporting platform
- Knowledge of business strategy, operations, and the auto finance industry
What’s the expected pay for this role?
- $60,000 to $90,000 USD per year.
- The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire and will be dependent on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, experience, education, credentials, and licensure when applicable
What do we offer?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $14.2 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- AT&T Wireless Discounts
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts
- Dell Member Purchase Program
- UKG Wallet – pay advance