February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Health Share of Oregon is the state’s largest Medicaid coordinated care organization (CCO), serving OHP members in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington Counties. Our mission is to partner with communities to achieve ongoing transformation, health equity, and the best possible health for each individual.
Health Share was founded and continues to be governed by eleven health care organizations serving OHP members: Adventist Health, CareOregon, Central City Concern, Clackamas County, Kaiser Permanente, Legacy Health, Multnomah County, Oregon Health & Science University, Providence Health & Services, Tuality Health Alliance and Washington County.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This is a hybrid role, with attendance expected at least once a week in the Health Share of Oregon office in downtown Portland.
This position is responsible for creating information to drive health organization decisions and to share key information with stakeholders. This position collaborates across departments within Health Share of Oregon to perform research and analysis of activities related to healthcare services, claims, enrollment, utilization, and other factors and ensure the completeness and integrity of data used for analysis. Analysis focus areas include quality of care, operations, health outcomes, cost and utilization of healthcare services, population health, and social and demographics factors of health.
This position uses data and research methods to create evidence-based recommendations and presentations of information to be shared with staff, partners, domain experts and all levels of internal management and serves as an analytical lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, while providing direct expertise in support of organizational objectives.
Analysis and Reporting
- Design analyses and deliver information to drive clinical, operational, and/or strategic decisions.
- Develop research methods and data analysis plans related to health outcomes, quality of care, healthcare utilization, trends, and forecasting.
- Conduct descriptive, prescriptive, predictive analyses and evaluative studies.
- Perform analysis explaining trends, changes, and outliers.
- Summarize complex data in the appropriate form (e.g., statistical summaries, narratives, charts, tables, graphs, etc.) to convey meaning, significance, and actionable information.
- Coordinate analytics / information development among internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with, and prepare presentations to staff, leadership, partner organizations, community groups, regulatory agencies and others as needed.
- Create reports, dashboards, and analysis to be shared with department and organizational leaders, staff, partner organizations, community groups, regulatory agencies, and others as needed.
- Ensures data accuracy and integrity and assists project sponsors in identifying relevant data sets.
- Analyzes and interprets data to quantify health care plans and programs in terms of utilization, quality, and outcomes.
Communication and Collaboration
- Act as a technical resource for CCO staff for best practices in the process of data collection, and creation of meaningful information.
- Ensure reporting consistently includes a focus on identifying and communicating health and/or access disparities among Health Share’s population.
- Collaborate with operations staff to provide data collection and analysis for identifying opportunities for improvement; provide recommendations based on analyses.
- Gather and document business requirements, operational methodologies, and workflows to perform and/or support existing system analysis and new systems recommendations.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and support information development to address organizational needs.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of data, data infrastructure and processes used for developing clinical, operational and/or program performance information.
- Use appropriate software tools to retrieve, edit and tabulate data from various databases and files.
- Continually review and assess the completeness, validity, and reliability of internal and external data used for analysis and reporting.
- Share complete and accurate data and information with other departments and stakeholders.
- Maintain confidentiality of all discussions, records, and other data in connection with quality management activities according to professional standards.
- Perform work in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Support the organization’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by fostering a culture of open mindedness, cultural awareness, compassion, and respect for all individuals.
- Strive to meet annual business goals in support the organization’s strategic goals.
- Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures, and other relevant compliance needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of health system operations
- Knowledge of Medicaid, managed care, and/or clinical delivery systems.
Core Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to independently research all aspects of a process and develop improvement recommendations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer application skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient with developing high-quality data visualizations
- High degree of initiative and motivation
- Ability to independently analyze data to identify causation, correlations, trends, disparities, and outliers
- Ability to prepare reports, graphs, tables, and other summarizations that are complete, thorough, and easily understood by those receiving and/or reviewing the information
- Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers and others
- Ability to manage project scope and timelines effectively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to share information with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work across teams and or departments
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, wrist, shoulder, or neck movement for at least 6-8 hours/day
- Ability to see and read for at least 6-8 hours/day
- Ability to hear and speak clearly for at least 3-6 hours/day
Cognitive Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on and comprehend information and learn new skills and abilities
- Ability to assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate resolution
- Ability to accept direction and feedback, as well as tolerate and manage stress
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a health care data, analytics, data science, or related field
- Education and/or experience in applying statistics and research methods to analyze and develop information
- Experience with medical, public health, clinical, health care operations, claims and/or enrollment reporting and analysis
- Experience with Oregon Managed Care, or the Oregon Health Plan.
- Experience or education on project management methods
- Experience or education on the fundamentals of quality and performance measurement – particularly in the field of healthcare
- Experience with the HIPPA rules regarding the sharing of protected health information
What we offer
Pay & Benefits
Estimated hiring range $78,910 - $95,480 / year, 5% bonus target, full benefits.