About Our Company
IEHP, Inland Empire Health Plan, is one of the top 10 largest Medicaid health plans and the largest not-for-profit Medicare-Medicaid plan in the country. With a network of more than 7,300 Providers and nearly 2,500 employees, IEHP serves more than 1.6 million residents in Riverside and San Bernardino counties who are enrolled in Medicaid or Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan). Through a dynamic partnership with Providers and Community, award-winning service and innovative products, IEHP is fully committed to advocating for our Members and providing them with quality, accessible and wellness-based health care services.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Quality Systems Leadership Team, the Healthcare Data Analyst III (HDA III) is a critical thinker who will engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses derived from large data sets in support of the Health Plan’s business needs. Responsible for leading and executing technical, analytical, and reporting efforts for the Health Plan’s Clinical and Provider departments, programs, and quality activities. The HDA III will work cross-functionally with department leaders to deliver actionable analyses / results. In addition to technical data concepts, the HDA must have a strong understanding of research methods and statistical concepts to design reliable studies/analyses, and payment algorithms and have the ability to lead technical teams.
Major Functions (Duties And Responsibilities)
- Serve as technical lead in analysis and reporting efforts that support the Health Plan’s Clinical and Provider teams, programs, and quality activities.
- A critical thinker who will engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses derived from large datasets in support of business needs.
- Significant participation and leadership in analysis, interpretation, and translating of complex health plan data, issues, trends, and relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
- Present findings of analyses to various staff levels including executive team, leadership team and staff levels. Present results in formats that are easy to understand and appropriate to the audience.
- Exercises timely and accurate data mining techniques and develops new or modifies existing reports that ensure consistent and congruent conclusions to data analysis.
- Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
- Ability to determine the appropriate statistical modeling methodologies needed in the development of health plan, provider, and member analysis, and the ability to perform the statistical tests and/or guide others in performing the tests.
- Develops and prepares reports to support IEHP’s clinical and provider units utilizing available analytics and data mining tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Applications (including MS Access), SAS, SPSS, Crystal Reports, system-specific reporting tools (e.g., MedHOK, CRM,) or other related reporting software.
- Responsible for evaluating report requests to determine requestor’s needs and objectives, identifying correct methodology for extracting data including data sources and criteria, and ensuring the delivered report is accurate, timely, and formatted appropriately.
- Responsible for understanding the various data sources available within IEHP for reporting and analysis, as well as a clear understanding of IEHP business operations to be able to appropriately guide the development of quality program activities, including analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and effectively communicating project team to ensure project deliverables and deadlines are met. Effective communication with the QS leadership team is critical if any project deadlines are in jeopardy of being met, well in advance.
- Document and ensure assigned project / technical staff document all analysis / reporting projects following established protocols, ensuring replication of results by an independent reviewer.
- Designs and enhances databases to support reporting and analysis needs, including testing, validating, and maintaining data integrity and accuracy, across multiple databases.
- Demonstrate a commitment to incorporate LEAN principles into daily work.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the organization.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience. Significant experience using quantitative data analysis to solve business problems. Significant experience applying statistical methods to answer data questions. Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and relational database structures.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Informatics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or related field from an accredited institution required.
What we offer
A reasonable salary expectation is between $103,708.80 and $132,225.60, based upon experience and internal equity.