December 7, 2023
About Our Company
The Hearst Health network includes FDB (First Databank), Zynx Health, MCG, Homecare Homebase, and MHK (www.hearsthealth.com). The mission of the Hearst Health network is to help guide the most important care moments by delivering vital information into the hands of everyone who touches a person’s health journey. Each year in the U.S., care guidance from the Hearst Health network reaches 85 percent of discharged patients, 205 million insured individuals, 99 million home health visits, and 3.2 billion dispensed prescriptions.
Job Description & Responsibilities
First Databank (FDB) is looking for an experienced Healthcare Data Analyst who works independently under the broad supervision of a team lead, supervisor or manager. Manages and prioritizes the day-to-day work and assigned projects. Analyzes situations and makes proper decisions based on policies and procedures.
Independently plans, prioritizes, and completes assigned work. Work primarily on tasks and projects requiring data analysis. Requires a bachelor's degree in computer-related or science-related course, or 5 years of equivalent experience. Requires 5 years of experience performing data analysis.
- Works independently under the broad supervision of a team lead, supervisor or manager. Manages and prioritizes the day-to-day work and assigned projects.
- Analyzes situations and makes proper decisions based on policies and procedures.
- Independently plans, prioritizes, and completes assigned work.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and deliver the proper message for expected results.
- Reliably completes assigned tasks associated with special projects that are unrelated to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Effective listener and able to perform Global Government Services daily tasks
- Able to run intermediate/advanced SDI queries and review final results for reporting.
- Able to run queries using Oracle SQL.
- Proficient with Apollo-based tools and OnBase
- Independently maintain, analyze and understand data audits and reports.
- Knowledgeable of government pricing in Medicaid and Medicare data.
- Knowledgeable of expanded sources to answer customer inquiries.
- Identify current policies in order to understand and communicate within the team and other FDB departments.
- Able to mentor, train, and help develop the skills of other Research Associates.
- Demonstrates ability to back-up supervisor role when necessary.
- Can be tasked with difficult problems or projects and can formulate a course of action and carry it out with limited supervision.
- Work primarily on tasks and projects requiring data analysis
- Work on projects requiring data analysis with the Clinical Informatics Pharmacist
- Able to apply results of data analysis to use cases and product analysis
- Work conforms to stated policies and standards.
- Maintains government pricing in Medicaid and Medicare data.
- Maintains Medicaid Rebate data.
- Maintains advanced modules, such as but not limited to SFCSM, MK GRP, Part D, NIOSH.
- Acquire, clean, and transform data to a usable format.
- Analyze and interpret large amounts of data.
- Analyze and understand source information for possible applicability within maintained knowledge base products.
- Maintain, analyze and prepare possible resolution for discrepancies within the data audits and other reports using your acquired knowledge and understanding of the database with support by team lead, supervisor and/or management.
- Performs various data entry tasks to record or verify a variety of coded and uncoded source information into knowledge base content maintenance system.
- Mentors, trains, and helps develop the skills of other Research Associates.
- Supports an environment in which co-workers develop trust and sensitivity to others’ concerns and viewpoints.
- Cross-trained to perform tasks routinely done by other RAs as a backup.
- Carries out specified research activities, makes observations, analyzes data and interprets results in comparison to stated policies and work procedures.
- Understanding of phases of work processes and acquire the knowledge of the job responsibilities.
- Independently resolves customer inquiries and escalates for further assistance if necessary.
- Independently completes assigned tasks associated with special projects that are unrelated to day-to-day responsibilities.
- In conjunction with supervisor, regularly triages and assess customer inquiries and identifies trends.
- Works with managers to identify and assess interdepartmental needs and creates improved work processes.
- Performs audits or identifies department metrics to measure quality of data and efficiency.
- Takes ownership of all work completed.
- Engage in open and honest discussion and communication of ideas, commit to the decisions and actions and focus of achievement of collective results.
- Works collaboratively in a group as a team member to accomplish stated goals.
- BS in Computer-related and/or Science-related course, or 5 years of equivalent experience\
- 5 years of industry experience, strongly desired
- 5 years of minimum experience performing data analysis
- Demonstrates proficiency with FDB data entry systems and internal support systems and database knowledge.
- Completes data entry work using appropriate Apollo forms, and other data platforms and tables as needed.
- Capable and proficient in data entry tasks using new and existing forms and tables.
- Knowledge and use of propriety systems.
- Able to work at an intermediate level with Microsoft Office applications of Word, Outlook, Excel, Excel Macros, Access and Teams.
- Able to run queries using Oracle SQL.
- Basic drug knowledge and pharmacy experience is logically applied to data entry consistent with current Medicaid policy.
- Advanced knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare government pricing.
- Knowledge and use of common data sources for research and gathered data storage.
- Demonstrates analytical background and ability to manage and analyze large amount of data.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques.
- Demonstrates advanced problem-solving skills to analyze and propose solutions.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and propose solutions for possible problem solving with issues that may come up in the normal day-to-day workflow.
- Demonstrates ability to conform to work procedures; meet applicable deadlines, accuracy and productivity standards.
- Takes initiative to get training on skills that would help improve department performance.
- Can work independently and in a team environment with minimum supervision by management personnel.
- Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics course
- Certificate in Oracle SQL course
- Pharmacy Technician certification preferred
What we offer
This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company beneﬁts.