December 7, 2023
About Our Company
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is the national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. Close to 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 37,000 individual members come together to form the AHA.
Through our representation and advocacy activities, AHA ensures that members' perspectives and needs are heard and addressed in national health policy development, legislative and regulatory debates, and judicial matters. Our advocacy efforts include the legislative and executive branches and include the legislative and regulatory arenas.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.aha.org.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Health Care Data Analyst is responsible for compiling, organizing, analyzing, and/or visualizing healthcare and other data sets using analytic software tools. Additional responsibilities include data exploration and preparation, data interpretation, and report preparation, in collaboration with members of the AHA Data Center team.
- Adhere to standards, procedures, and quality control measures for conducting project analytics to ensure consistency among organizational components and compliance with stakeholder requirements.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and improvement of key data sets, pipelines, and analytic products.
- Identify, extract, clean, transform, validate, and/or model data across multiple domains.
- Employ AHA best practices with regard to data management. Be a content expert on specific AHA data resources.
- Support more senior analysts in the exploration, preparation, analysis, and reporting using a range of data assets including AHA proprietary data and secondary data sources.
- Support the development of reports, models, scorecards, and/or dashboards by gathering data and transforming it into insights that drive recommendations and decision-making.
- Design and build data visualizations such as charts, dashboards, and reports to communicate findings and actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Document and monitor processes and controls related to area responsibilities.
- Support cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support of center- and association-wide business objectives.
- Synthesize, prepare and present findings for use in decision-making and/or presentations. Support the development of oral presentations, reports and visualizations, which clearly and concisely illustrate analytic results.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelors or better in PUBLIC HEALTH or related field.
- 3-5 years: •A minimum of 3 years experience conducting data analysis is required. (A master’s degree may be substituted for years of experience.)
- Knowledge of statistical evaluation techniques and analytic methodologies is required.
- Proficiency in SAS analytic software is required.
- Proficiency in data visualization software (Tableau or MS Power BI) is required.
- Experience in health care data is preferred.
- Proficiency in Tableau is preferred. - Proficiency in R, Python, and/or Alteryx is a plus.
What we offer
We offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HMO), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation/holidays/sick days, wellness programs and more!