December 7, 2023
About Our Company
At Nordstrom, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements.
Our teams are made up of motivated people who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths show how hard work, loyalty, a competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
In addition to being a great place to have a career, we’re also committed to respecting the environment and supporting our communities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Nordstrom Card Services is seeking an Analyst in its Loyalty Analytics group, specifically supporting our Store teams. This position is a remote role. This position has a wide range of responsibilities including data segmentation, test design, and strategic recommendations in order to improve operational effectiveness and engagement within our Full Line and Rack locations.
Essential Functions And Work Duties
- Complete a wide variety of sophisticated ad hoc analyses that are designed to use raw data to provide key insights to the business, drive tactical performance, and generate results.
- Maintain and build user facing dashboards in Tableau, allowing store teams to access overall performance, KPIs and quarterly goals
- Creation and measurement of key performance indicators and metrics.
- Use experimental design best practices; ensure that meaningful insights can be obtained from call center incentives at variance staffing levels.
- Lead A/B testing pipeline and establish analytics test priorities and requirements.
- Collaborate with other Card Services departments to advice management on materiality and timing of operational initiatives, agent level performance trends, and development of forecasted expectations.
- Design and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, PowerPoint presentations, and exploratory analysis.
- Analyze, collect, and assemble information deemed necessary to represent a variety of different courses of business directions and provide recommendations to management.
- Understand and apply fundamental concepts, general administrative principles, practices, and procedures of call center and digital servicing operations and analytics.
- Clearly communicate test results, business trends, and recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Work side-by-side with the operations management, advise on strategy optimization, accurately size opportunities, and seek improved methods and processes for assessing operations effectiveness.
- Produce internal departmental efficiency reporting and provide timely, accurate reports to all levels of leadership.
- A truth seeker. You ask why, and you question every assumption. If you've ever said "I just did it that way because an important person said so," you won't do well here. You will be asked to probe assumptions, question the status quo, and follow up on unexpected data results.
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership, and initiative.
- Show commitment to Team through collaboration and positive, and proactive communication.
- Demonstrate productivity using time efficiently and effectively to deliver results.
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness in tackling challenges.
- Intellectually curious and a ‘do not stop until you solve the problem’ attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operation Research, Applied Mathmatics, Statistics, or other Data Sciences degrees; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of operational or financial analytics and reporting; specific experience analyzing call center operations and effectiveness preferred
- Ability to source and work with large amounts of data from different data sources; SQL & SAS programming experience is required –R, Python is preferred.
- Ability to create and maintain dashboards via Tableau
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply high-level analytical, statistical, and quantitative problem solving skills to a variety of different scenarios and make recommendations based on outcomes.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in all US states except: AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IN, IA, LA, MD, MS, MT, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV, and WY.
What we offer
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
• Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
• Life Insurance and Disability
• Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
California: $123,500 - $233,500 Annually,
Colorado: $76,500 - $125,500 Annually,
Nevada: $76,500 - $125,500 Annually,
New York: $123,500 - $233,500 Annually,
Rhode Island: $76,500 - $125,500 Annually,
Washington: $123,500 - $233,500 Annually