The University of Texas at Austin is one of the largest public universities in the United States. Founded in 1883, the university has grown from a single building, eight teachers, two departments and 221 students to a 350-acre main campus with 21,000 faculty and staff, 16 colleges and schools and more than 50,000 students.
The McCombs School of Business Marketing Data Analyst will develop and implement an analytics strategy across the marketing organization with a specific emphasis on Marketo optimization for the various marketing programs. The Marketing Data Analyst will collaborate with marketers across the school to ensure McCombs is effectively collecting, reporting on, and analyzing data to drive decisions, support adjustments/refinements, and accelerate action across all marketing efforts and in support of the school’s overarching goals. By conducting full lifecycle and campaign analysis across a broad range of digital, print, and event/meeting programs and tactics, you will develop analysis and reporting approaches, monitoring performance, and implementing quality control plans to identify and drive improvements.
The Data Analyst must be able to work collaboratively across the business school against a broad spectrum of projects, and work within several tools, including Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, and others.
Analytics & Insights
- Partner with other members of the marketing team and program marketers to determine goals, KPIs, audience segments, cadence, and tracking requirements for each campaign.
- Architect an analytics strategy and template using combined data sources to communicate actionable insights to marketers and Program Directors that support enrollment and retention goals
- Work with Marketing Operations Manager to ensure all programs are optimized to be tracked for attribution and funnel metric purposes
- Collaborate with web team and program marketers to create, implement, and measure click-thru and conversion rates for web landing pages as part of overall campaign performance
- Track projects to completion and provide post-mortem reporting for ongoing optimization and continued best practices on future projects
- Perform deep dives and segmentation analysis
- Develop strategies to improve engagement and conversion based on data analysis, and partner with marketing teams to convert strategy into action
- Communicate results and business impacts and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics; adapt data delivery based on audience
- Identify supporting technology opportunities to optimize analytics capabilities
- Implement tagging requirements as well as maintain and troubleshoot data systems for collecting, managing and reporting on web analytics, digital advertising properties and other website metrics (e.g., Google Analytics, Marketo, etc.)
- Develop, build, and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Develop standard documentation for processes and data definitions
- Provide and present analysis and data driven recommendations to key stakeholders, executives, and agencies through storytelling and visualizations
- Track and measure ongoing performance of online and offline marketing tactics for each campaign, including search engine and display advertising, paid media, email marketing, Web-based content, gated assets, and events
- Work with campaign managers to troubleshoot brand and campaign performance issues and investigate data anomalies/outliers; use data to proactively identify areas of data hygiene improvement
- 3+ years of analyzing complex data sets and communicating key insights via in-person presentations, email, dashboards, and spreadsheets
- 3+ years of setting up and analyzing PPC and SEO/SEM performance
- 3+ years of Google Analytics, Tag Manager experience; experience with Data Studio preferred
- Google Analytics certification and/or ability to get certified within first 30 days of employment
- Proficient in data visualization tools such as Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, MATCH/INDEX, SUMIFS, OFFSET) and Tableau (connecting to multiple data sources, publishing a workbook), or similar
- Ability to query large data sets in SQL, analyze and present data
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and other Office software
- Strong knowledge or desire to learn and master: Marketo and Salesforce
- Highly innovative and self-directed
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects within established time frames/budgets
- Client-service oriented mentality
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, analytics/statistics, or related fields
- 6+ years of marketing program development experience, marketing experience, or related experience
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience working in Marketo, Salesforce CRM, and Tableau
- Experience in higher education or similarly complex matrixed organization