About Our Company
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative ceiling and wall system solutions in the Americas. With $1.2 billion in revenue in 2022, AWI has approximately 3,000 employees and a manufacturing network of 16 facilities, plus seven facilities dedicated to its WAVE joint venture.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, Armstrong World Industries offers interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continuing to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders.
Stock Exchange and Symbol NYSE: AWI
Job Description & Responsibilities
Do you love data? If so, we have a shared passion for problem-solving, innovation, tackling multifaceted challenges, and positively impacting business results. We approach problem-solving from perspectives that are data-driven as well as grounded in business insight.
The Marketing Data Analyst will work to uncover meaningful insights and make recommendations within the data to help marketing deliver better strategies and execution that produce revenue results and clear attribution models for ROI. This role will be the champion of reporting and insight development for both our commercial and residential areas of the business, analyzing performance across all facets of marketing. This person will work closely with and support the Digital Marketing Manager and team to showcase marketing effectiveness and business impact through our integrated analytics program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform extensive contact and customer profiling and data mining using analytical tools to extract actionable information and provide key business insights and findings from this data.
- Build and support analytic metrics, reporting, and dashboards to show trends and assist stakeholders in understanding the key values.
- Simplify complex data into straightforward insights to guide campaign strategies and optimization opportunities.
- Share best practices with others and promote cross-functional learning.
- Communicate priorities and schedules to cross-functional stakeholders for all marketing data projects.
- Provide recommendations for data integration and processes to drive revenue growth strategies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency in data definitions and sources.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of marketing campaigns, focusing on KPIs that reveal ROI.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics across various marketing platforms regularly.
- Support data integrations between our marketing and sales platforms.
- Coordinate with the IT department on data-related technical issues.
- Take ownership of data-related problems and drive the resolution process.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to provide meaningful website dashboards for website properties and tactics related to campaigns and initiatives.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects, reports, & other deliverables.
Capabilities And Personal Characteristics Include The Following.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Self-starter mentality
- Proactive vs. reactive
- Experience working successfully in large, complex, fast-paced organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and work in a team environment with internal and external clients, vendors, consultants, designers, and developers.
- Excellent negotiation skills to work effectively with internal and external customers, information technology departments and vendors.
- The candidate must welcome challenges and strive for continuous improvement and efficiency gains.
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field such as Marketing, Digital Marketing, and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years’ working in digital marketing including experience with data analysis techniques and analytic programs
- Experience using web analytic tools.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing, website usability, and web-based development
- History providing recommendation reporting across multi-facets of a marketing organization.
- Experience with self-service analytics or leveraging a data warehouse.
- Strong understanding of site architecture and content distribution
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) a must
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Platform Knowledge
- Adobe Experience Manager & Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Reports and Analytics Certification is a plus.
- Google Analytics
- GA4 knowledge a plus
- HubSpot Marketing Hub Certification is a plus.
Other Skills And Abilities
Skills which are desirable, but not required include:
- Solid understanding of web/mobile technology
- Business Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Experience with aspects of web design
- Marketing/advertising agency background and/or account management experience
What we offer
The estimated base salary range for this role is “$60,000 to $90,000” per year.
Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience and other relevant factors
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.