About Our Company
Virgin Galactic is an aerospace and space travel company, pioneering human spaceflight for private individuals and researchers with our advanced air and space vehicles. We are developing a spaceflight system designed to connect the world to the wonder and awe created by space travel and to offer customers a transformative experience.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As an Operations Data Analyst you will support our Spaceline Technical Operations continuous improvement journey by assisting in the data/analytics strategy to improve outcomes through better data, reporting, analysis, process and assisting in building tools for analytics.
- Working closely with the TechOps team to strategize for and execute the development of data products
- Collaborating with software developers and engineers who are skilled in machine learning to implement analytical models into production.
- Identifying and integrating new datasets through product capabilities.
- Participating in -analytical experiments methodically to provide solutions to impact various industries and domains.
- Recognizing relevant data sources and sets for clients’ business needs and gathering large structured and unstructured variables and datasets.
- -Using algorithms and models to mine large data stores.
- Performing data analysis to improve models.
- Data validation to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Analyzing data to identify trends and patterns and interpreting data
- Working with your team to communicate analytical solutions to implement improvements to operational systems as necessary.
- Combining the knowledge of mathematics, computer science, applications, modelling, statistics, and analytics to solve problems
- Extracting data from multiple sources and integrating various forms of data by using algorithms as required Analyzing data to find trends and identify areas of opportunity where we can increase efficiencies. .
- Using data mining state-of-the-art methods for solving problems
- Improving data collection to include relevant information for building analytic systems,
- Assisting with optimization of processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Supporting efforts to automat data collection by building tools
- Collecting data using new experimental frameworks
- Creating reports and contributing to presentations for decision support for the business
- Utilizing data science techniques such as statistical modeling, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
Required Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role with a minimum of 2+ years of experience in managing demand and delivery of Data Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Accounting. MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience in data architecture, mining and data manipulation to create customized reports
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel with the ability to design and maintain financial models and templates.
- Ideally has experience with Oracle, Anaplan, Power BI, Ultramain experience a plus
- Budgeting and financial planning experience, preferably with experience in operations, commercial airline and/or transportation industries.
- AI and Machine Learning experience a plus
What we offer
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $79,300.00–$121,000.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefits