December 4, 2023
About Our Company
We're a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States’ largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights.
Job Description & Responsibilities
In support of WD Human Resources: Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Imports, cleans, transforms, or manipulates data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Formulates and tests hypotheses, weighs alternatives and determines appropriate recommendations for actionable insights.
- Designs new methods and best practices for analysis and presentation of comparative data.
- Vets recommendations to determine viable options and provides business case to management.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments. Leads discussions and presentations of results, recommendations and business insights to broader senior leadership team.
- Performs in depth research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Produces an often complex collection of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Collaborates with both the analytic organization and its technology partners to define and publish complex data products.
- Provides training to and acts as technical resource for team members.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more data subject areas such as sales, call center, network operation and financial data.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server, Oracle and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for projects and data requests.
- Participates in multiple enterprise wide projects by providing data analysis to project leaders.
- Creates technical documentation (internal).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Ideal candidate qualifications:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skill using (Teradata, Tableau, and Python)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
What we offer
National Pay Range: $73,306.62 USD-$171,812.39 USD
Additional Range: This job can be performed in Colorado, with a Pay Range of $100,796.60 USD - $151,194.90 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.