December 6, 2023
About Our Company
Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 88 million consumers in print, 419 million in digital and 432 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in New York and London, and operates in 32 markets worldwide including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico and Latin America, Russia, Spain and Taiwan. Launched in 2011, Condé Nast Entertainment is an award-winning production and distribution studio that creates programming across film, television, social and digital video and virtual reality.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Production Management team is seeking a Data Analyst and Spreadsheet Specialist Manager, Production Management Operations, to help us build out, manage, and maintain our data reporting & production systems infrastructure as it relates to Production Management, expense reporting, and cost reporting. They must be well versed in video Production and technology. This person will be collaborative with their counterparts in other departments and will be key in providing the Senior Director and Executive Director, Production, and senior management, with the insights necessary to make the most confident and informed decisions. This data is also shared with other CNE departments and CNE leadership.
This role is based in New York and will report to the Director, Production Management.
- This role will oversee the maintenance, implementation, and socialization of data tools and systems aiding in the collection and dissemination of information related to video production cost tracking and any ancillary production reporting
- Maintain, update, and troubleshoot technical issues on existing suite of spreadsheets and databases in Production Management department
- Implement new data reporting structures as required to align with department’s fiscal reporting schedules
- Build, format, and code multiple relational spreadsheets and databases in Google and Excel for tracking and importing costs and production data from both internal and external source documents
- Ensure Production Management Operations deliverables for cost tracking reports meet our weekly reporting deadlines
- Ensure the overall accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data
- Supervise a Coordinator in the day-to-day maintenance and creation of spreadsheets and oversee their work assignments
- Train new team members on production systems, enforcing data collection and warehousing best practices within the Production organization
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure our systems, data, & workflows are compatible company-wide, and generate reports based on that data for stakeholders both inside and outside of the Production organization.
- Identify strategic opportunities to streamline and optimize production processes to more effectively track, manage, or report on data and status.
- Act as day-to-day point-of-contact within the Production Management team for all matters pertaining to database and system needs and initiatives.
- Ensuring industry-standard lexicography is used consistently within all production systems, documentation, and reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating all documentation and communications around these systems, best practices, and changes.
- Create presentations and info graphic reports based on data workflow management
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3+ years experience in a data management role in a video production or relative media industry is required
- Experience and proficiency in Excel and Google Workspace applications, primarily Google Sheets, with ability to build and code multiple spreadsheets is required
- Familiar with the financial aspects of production including budgeting, purchase orders, reconciling financials, and cost reporting is a plus
- Strong comfortability working with numbers and discussing money / spend
- Intermediate-level fluency in SQL data query language is required, and higher is preferred.
- Intermediate-level technical understanding of relational databases is required.
- Certification in data management or equivalent computer science is preferred
- Possess a keen attention to detail, and superior organizational skills/abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills are required - the ideal candidate is a diplomatic problem-solver who brings recommendations and solutions to the table.
What we offer
The expected base salary range for this position is from $60,000 -$80,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including but not limited to relevant skills, training, experience, and education. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates may also be eligible to receive discretionary bonus compensation.