About Our Company
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is an employee-owned federal government contractor supporting national priority programs through our strategic solutions in the areas of: Enterprise IT, Test & Evaluation, Acquisition & Lifecycle Support, Engineering & Analysis, and Training.
With approximately 1,600 employees across the United States, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is known for anticipating and responding rapidly to our customers’ present and future needs.
Within the government sector, our focus is on Defense; Intelligence; Federal Law Enforcement; U.S. Outreach; and Healthcare.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS was named to the Forbes list of America's Best Employers 2021 and to the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list by Energage. AMERICAN SYSTEMS is a nine-time Northern Virginia Family Service "Companies As Responsive Employers" (CARE) award winner; a Top 10 Employer - Military Friendly®; a Best of the Best Top Veteran Friendly Companies – U.S. Veterans Magazine; and a Virginia Values Veterans – Official V3 Certified Company.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a mission-driven professional with a Top-Secret clearance to join our team as a seasoned Data Analyst / Technical Writer 3 near Stafford/Fredericksburg, VA. As part of our recently awarded 5-year contract, this position will start with the team at the beginning of our 2nd year near the end of September 2023.
As a seasoned Data Analyst / Technical Writer 3, you will:
- Join an already established team with opportunity to grow.
- Support a Department of Justice, FBI program, who designs, builds, and implements highly technical data collection systems.
- Support a technology lab who dynamically implements technology to meet their outside customers uniquely defined evidence collection needs.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
A week in the life of a seasoned Data Analyst / Technical Writer 3:
- Provide technical writing services to include some graphics artist support.
- Supports the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of existing mission systems. Provides consulting services to include business process analysis and workflow studies which meet customer mission requirements.
- Develops, implements, and interprets policies, procedures, and practices based on customer mission. Researches and analyzes technical issues related to mission systems.
- Determines project requirements with user. Briefs management, customers, and partners on mission topics and issues.
- Advises management on problems, changes, and new or future developments as it relates to mission systems.
- Maintains project management methodologies and facilitates and administers project review forums and other meetings, as required.
- Provides technical expertise to support planning and deployment of new mission systems by coordinating with appropriate personnel on requirements identification, requirements validation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) and documentation for mission equipment and systems.
- The Data Analyst position possesses strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance with the willingness to take an agency CI polygraph when requested
- High School Diploma (HS) and 13+ years, Associates Degree (AS) and 10+ years, Bachelors’ Degree (BS) and 8+ years or Masters’ Degree (MS) and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Provide technical and non-technical writing services to include graphics artist support
- Effective communications skills and able to effectively brief audiences
- Ability to organize work so assignments are completed in a timely manner
- Able to think strategically and tactically
- Ability to perform analysis and quickly resolve issues
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience working with management with minimal guidance or direction
- Skilled with the Microsoft Office software suite
What we offer
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is committed to pay transparency for our applicants and employee-owners. The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000. Actual compensation will be determined based on several factors including relevant experience and permitted by law. AMERICAN SYSTEMS provides for the welfare of its employees and their dependents through a comprehensive benefits program by offering healthcare benefits, paid leave, retirement plans (including ESOP and 401k), insurance programs, and education and training assistance.