February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Founded in 1973 and officially incorporated in 1974, Goldbelt, Incorporated is the urban corporation that represents the Juneau area. Goldbelt is an Alaska Native Corporation with a deep connection to both our ancestors and our children – we remember the stories and traditions of the past, while working to build a bright future for our shareholders in Southeast Alaska and beyond.
Goldbelt’s businesses are as diverse as our people and as strong as our culture. Our deep portfolio features both federal government contracting and Alaska operations, which serve the tourism, transportation, and security industries. Goldbelt’s diversified government contracting subsidiaries offer solutions across four strategically positioned areas: logistics, engineering, and procurement; information technology and cybersecurity; healthcare and medical services; and construction.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Goldbelt Apex is seeking a Junior Data Analyst to join our team providing data analyst support for Health and Human Resources (HHS) public health preparedness and response programs under the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) contract. The HRSA will carry out public health preparedness and response protocols, coordination mechanisms, and training to enhance logistical support that enable health centers to respond to emerging health care issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as part of a team to conduct analysis and research and synthesize information for emerging public heath, COVID-19 Response Programs, commercialization transition activities, and other public health priorities
- Conduct data analysis, data management, write queries, database design, create reports, and presenting findings on vaccine and therapeutics administration and vaccine testing
- Communicate with epidemiologists, scientists, and public health professionals to gather and interpret data
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing program reports for inventory and ordering and program evaluation
- Conduct analysis and contribute to findings and recommendations for emerging public health priorities in one-pagers, slides, executive summaries, etc.
- Conduct data analysis on public health emergencies, COVID-19 Response Program, and HHS health center care issues in the development of an analytic file and data dictionary for statistical analysis
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge epidemiological research and analytical practices and procedures
- Prior experience supporting report development using descriptive statistics
- Prior experience in supply chain analytics preferred
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, R, Natural Language Processing, and Tableau.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Work experience in analyzing data sets and producing reports
- Ability to work independently as well as to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment with attention to detail and deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as public health, health informatics, statistics, data analytics, epidemiology
- 2 – 3 years of experience in data science, including experience in quantitative and qualitative data analytics
- Prior experience with health organizations and supply chain analytics preferred
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $ 90,000.00-120,000.00 Annually.