December 6, 2023
About Our Company
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with approximately $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through more than 7,300 locations, 12,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in over 40 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 250,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 41 on Fortune’s 2022 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Wells Fargo is seeking a seasoned Data Analyst/Scientist within the Consumer Lending Organization, this role collaborates with business and technology stakeholders in the development of new insights, decision strategies, and implementation of new data capabilities to support business objectives. This is an exciting opportunity to work across the CCS (Consumer Collection Servicing) Business and drive the organization's adoption of modern Data Platform, Advanced Analytics, and Machine Learning capabilities.
In This Role, You Will
- Advise experienced leadership to develop or influence statistical modeling, analytical strategies, and advanced data visualization for complex business and technical needs
- Enable data analysis, modeling, and optimization through strategic design and production efforts
- Apply data science and modeling techniques to drive data driven decision making and solve complex business problem
- Design and lead complex projects, analyses, and application of techniques across the enterprise
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that align to the enterprise
- Partner with business and tech stakeholders to identify the critical data needs and map them to key customer experiences. Data involved typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Lead or participate in new data/analytics capabilities and tool evaluations
- 7+ years of Analytics and Reporting, Financial Modeling, Statistics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science and research or related field
- Experience designing and developing technical and functional prototype to uncover business questions, validate use cases and capture key requirements.
- Efficiency in at least one scripting language such as Python, and in one query language such as SQL to query, manipulate and validate data across multiple domains
- Experience using relevant statistical and machine learning methods for building predictive models
- Experience designing and executing AB/Multivariate testing, causal inference, classification, decision making, and metrics deep dive
- Expertise with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Cloud (Google, Azure, etc.) capabilities and applying them to Data and Analytics
- Previous credit card data/financial products analytical experience
- Up to 20% travel as needed
What we offer
TX - Irving Pay Range - $96,600.00 - $171,800.00 Annual
NC - Charlotte Pay Range - $96,600.00 - $171,800.00 Annual
AZ - Phoenix Pay Range - $96,600.00 - $171,800.00 Annual
DE - Wilmington Pay Range - $106,300 -$188,900 Annual
Salary range is determined by location of the job. May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long - term incentive awards.