February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Earnest is a fintech lender focused on education finance, whose mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. Founded in 2013 on the belief that financially responsible people deserve better options and access to credit, Earnest's lending products empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their education, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Lead Marketing Analyst, you will report to the Manager of Analytics and oversee a team of two marketing analysts. You will play a key role in supporting our Marketing and Partnerships teams by turning business questions into data analysis and providing meaningful recommendations on our strategy. This role requires deep knowledge of the marketing landscape across Digital, Lifecycle, and Direct Mail channels as well as true analytical curiosity. You are comfortable analyzing and distilling insights from large amounts of marketing data across various channels and have experience with implementing various attribution methodologies to understand performance and inform marketing strategy. You thrive in a dynamic work environment and you enjoy having a wide scope of work to make an impact.
What you'll do:
- Partner with key stakeholders across marketing, partnerships, finance, and analytics to drive efficiencies and inform overall marketing strategy
- Monitor the performance of a multi-million dollar marketing budget across Search, Display, Video, Affiliate, and Social in partnership with our Media Team and media agency.
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness through activities such as ensuring data delivery, implementing analytics processes, supplying insights, and communicating recommendations to optimize each of our marketing channels
- Partner with our media agency to implement advanced attribution measurement methodologies (MMM and MTA)
- Conduct in-depth analysis to understand the effectiveness and long-term impact of our awareness-marketing spend on the holistic business
- Enable marketing analytics across channels through pixel installation/implementation, conversion event tracking, lifecycle tooling, and platform management
- Build out analytics reporting to understand conversion and performance across our various partnerships
- Clearly and concisely communicate insights and results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Coach and develop a team of marketing analysts
- 4+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing analytics role, with focus in paid digital
- 1+ years of management experience
- 1+ years of agency experience (not required)
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing and media landscape
- Experience working within ad platforms to understand performance and build reports
- Experience implementing tags and installing pixels and events through Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of attribution methodologies and marketing measurement approaches and frameworks
- Experience manipulating and summarizing data using SQL
- Experience in Analytics Tools (Segment, Amplitude, Google Analytics and/or Looker)
- Experience with experimentation including designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience working cross-functionally with both marketers and data analysts
What we offer
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual "my day"
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events