December 5, 2023
About Our Company
DataGen offers analytical insights to healthcare organizations, focusing on payment policy changes, value-based programs and market dynamics.
Our product portfolio includes impact reports that address annual and ad hoc changes to Medicare’s fee-for-service programs, performance measures within Medicare’s innovation and value-based programs, custom analytics to evaluate financial and quality outcomes within any payer scenario, and applications to track legislative changes and support culture of safety and community outreach programs.
DataGen’s customers rely on its analytical expertise as they strive to improve quality, outcomes and financial performance.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Principal Healthcare Data Analyst within DataGen, a HANYS Solutions company (HSI). DataGen offers a variety of healthcare data analytics, software solutions, and support to state hospital and health care associations, and multi-state health care systems. Reporting to the Manager of Healthcare Data Analytics, this full-time position will lead research, data analysis and develop algorithm activities to support DataGen’s healthcare analytic services and products, with a specific concentration on innovative payment and population health models.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in communication as well as the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision, to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and make substantive contributions to division and organization excellence.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researches, develops, and maintains analyses and analytic products around alternative payment models and other population health models, specifically those focused on risk assumption and value-based care.
- Manipulates, transforms, and aggregates information derived from large healthcare datasets, such as Medicare claims data, and applies industry data specifications and definitions to calculate measures associated with healthcare cost, utilization, and quality.
- Builds relational data files, queries and analyses using SQL and other programmatic languages.
- Translates healthcare policy concepts into algorithms and consumable outputs, and prepares data visualizations (i.e. graphs, tables, maps) for presentation of analytic findings using DataGen’s business intelligence platform, Microsoft Power Pivot, and other applications.
- Develops custom analyses to address complex healthcare questions, including researching methodologies, programming specifications, reporting results, and presenting findings.
- Leads support of assigned analytic products lines including, but not limited to:
- Evaluates and implements changes to programming as needed to develop and alter models per client request and/or payment model specifications;
- Understands and accommodates the structure of specific claims and other data feeds;
- Maintains accuracy of models and appropriate documentation.
- Interacts on a regular basis with clients to develop analyses, conduct program education and technical training, interpret results, and demonstrate DataGen products.
- Collaborates with technical DataGen team members to ensure data products provide meaningful insight for the program, meet specific client use cases, and incorporate best practices required for efficiency.
- A four-year degree in healthcare administration, finance, economics, epidemiology, biostatistics or mathematics is required. Master’s degree desired, but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a position involving the application of techniques of economic analysis, statistics, financial, and/or information analysis in a health-related field. A master’s degree in a related discipline may be considered in lieu of experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS, R, or other programmatic languages required. Business intelligence analysis a plus.
- Knowledge of relational database structure and queries required.
- Working knowledge of healthcare claims attributes, technical terminology, and industry coding (DRGs, ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS, etc.).
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, (written and verbal) communication skills are required to support working in team environment and with clients.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task.
What we offer
A remote working environment maybe considered within the Unites States. The salary for this position is between $77,000 - $82,000 annually.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.