December 4, 2023
About Our Company
We're creating a world where workplaces work better.
Envoy is transforming modern workplaces with products that make office life easier and work more meaningful. Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how offices welcome visitors, keep employees safe, book desks and conference rooms, and manage deliveries in over 14,000 locations around the globe while building products for a new era of workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices safe, compliant, and efficient.
With more than 100,000 new sign-ins every day, Envoy Visitors creates a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding people, property, and ideas. Envoy Protect ensures employees are healthy before they come to the office. Envoy Desks empowers employees to reserve a desk while maintaining social distancing guidelines Envoy Rooms provides a simple solution for you to book meeting rooms and free up unused space. Envoy Deliveries ensures that packages safely reach their recipients at work, without mailroom pile-ups. For more information, please visit envoy.com
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are a top-notch data organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people.
We are looking for a talented and driven technical leader to accelerate our efforts and be a major part of our data-centric culture. This person will work closely with various cross-functional teams such as product, marketing, sales, and engineering to develop and deliver metrics, analyses, solutions, and insights, with actionable recommendations to business partners. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen, product sense and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. Our main technology stack currently includes Redshift, Spark, AWS Glue, dbt, Airflow, Looker, and Jupyter Notebooks. If you’re looking to challenge the status quo and build the Office OS, come join us.
This is not a remote position.
The ideal candidate will need to be onsite & able to participate in hybrid work.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to initiate, lead and drive to completion strategic projects with product and business teams across the organization
- Develop deep-dive analyses and predictive models to drive product insights and business decisions
- Exploratory research on user data to determine the future of the product roadmap
- Drive org-wide impact by shaping product and business strategy through data-centric presentations
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas or go-to-market strategies
- Convert analysis results into actionable recommendations. Independently craft compelling stories; make logical recommendations; drive informed actions
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Someone with extremely high standards that obsesses over data accuracy. You’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great. You care deeply about the quality of your work and our data. You are passionate about finding the insights and “truth” that data can give.
- A big picture, systems thinker. You think about how the whole is a sum of many parts and how we can properly measure them end to end such that we have the per context for insights.
- An owner. You feel personally accountable and responsible and know seeing the problem is less than half of it. You look for problems and inefficiencies and find elegant solutions to them before they become major issues.
- Fast-paced. You love the speed of and impact you have in startups. Conversely you never, ever want to be a tiny cog in a gigantic machine.
- An open-minded learner. You live to learn new things, like staying up to date on new technologies, tools, and techniques. You are inspired by what people inside and outside Envoy know and are eager to incorporate the world's knowledge into your work.
- Emotionally mature & humble. You care about being effective over being right. Ideally you’ve made major changes & decisions in your life and learned from the results.
- Communicative & empathetic. You are happy when helping others succeed, particularly your team and partners across the company.
- A degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of SQL
- Experience with Python and key data processing and visualization libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, seaborn, etc.)
- Experience in applied statistics and statistical modeling
- Experience influencing strategy through data-centric presentations
- Working knowledge of Unix command-line/shell and git
- Experience telling stories with data and visualization tools, as well as custom data visualizations (D3, React, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives and compile compelling narratives.
- Experience running platform experiments and techniques like A/B testing
- You have experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- You excel at working with minimal direction and high expectations
- Proven record of writing and optimizing code with high levels of craftsmanship, and coaching others to improve technical outputs
What we offer
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area , our expected cash compensation for this role is $127K- $149K (Annually). We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.