December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Collective Health simplifies employee healthcare with an integrated technology and service solution that makes administering company health benefit plans incomparably easier and more insightful than traditional health insurance company solutions. With over a quarter of a million members and over 50 enterprise customers—including Driscoll’s, Pinterest, Red Bull, RH, Zendesk, and more—Collective Health is reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking organizations and their people across the U.S.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Analytics team delivers on analysis that serves our customers in order to have visibility into their plan costs and clinical outcomes. The team reports into our Chief Data and Analytics Officer, and collaborates closely with other departments within the organization such as data science and the actuarial team. The Senior Data Analyst role must lead the team in executing on projects, and deciding on the best path for execution on analysis in collaboration with other team members. Additionally, this role requires deep problem solving skills in determining root causes and resolving issues, skills in multi-tasking across multiple priorities, and ability to work cross-collaboratively with customers and stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute analyses to help clients and internal stakeholders answer impactful questions to drive decision making.
- Lead in developing scalable and dynamic analytics frameworks, by identifying, scoping, and leading the execution of projects.
- Collects, cleans, catalogs, maintains and delivers reporting products with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Collaborating with Analytics Engineering and Data Engineering on governance strategy for data warehouse products and the Business Intelligence tool.
- Proactively identify data-driven issues and opportunities and execute on collaborative and efficient problem solving.
- Subject matter expert on selected data domains, and an active participant in data governance, including contributing to metadata, documentation, and definitions.
- Demonstrate a flexible, yet precise, approach to communication adapting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to an inclusive and supportive learning environment in the Analytics team through mentorship and training roles.
This is a hybrid position based out of our San Francisco office, with the expectation of being in office at least two weekdays per week.
To Be Successful In This Role, You'll Need
- 4-7 years experience in a complex, fast-paced, quantitative environment with a high bar for attention to detail and quality of work
- An education in mathematics, economics, statistics or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in at least one coding language such as Python, SQL, R, Stata, or other data processing and analytics environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, takes initiative, and eager to own projects Strong passion for learning and making things better, particularly in healthcare
- Experience mentoring others and contributing to an inclusive and supportive learning environment
- Above all, you are self-sufficient, intellectually curious and take ownership for everything you do
What we offer
The actual pay rate offered within the range will depend on factors including geographic location, qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to the salary, you will be eligible for stock options and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and paid time off.