Rocky Vista University is committed to the education of osteopathic physicians and professionals in related health care disciplines, who are dedicated to excellence in their practice and demonstrate integrity and professionalism in their lives, while providing ethical, compassionate, holistic and culturally competent care to their patients or clients.
The Senior Data Analyst for the Physician Assistant Program will be responsible for data analysis and data management projects and operations that support data-informed strategic planning, decision making, and assessment reporting for the Physician Assistant Program's innovative competency-by-design curriculum. This senior level staff position will work independently and as a member of a team to plan and execute assessment and evaluation projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the PD and faculty in the planning and implementation of all phases of assessment and evaluation projects, including design, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide leadership and critical support for development and assessment of processes that ensure efficient, effective implementation of core program data analysis functions
- Plan and run statistical analysis on student and program data, including but not limited to correlation, regression, stratification, for use in developing predictive modeling tools to predict student success and program outcomes.
- Perform qualitative analysis to identify positive and negative trends noted within program and course-level evaluations.
- Present findings visually, orally and in writing, as appropriate, and contribute visual and written materials to reports, publications and proposals.
- Design and produce charts and graphs that describe and interpret findings, and efficiently and effectively reveal spatial and statistical relationships with actionable insights.
- Respond to ad-hoc research- and evaluation-related queries.
- Attend and participate in required team meetings via Zoom or in person as needed.
- Coordinate strategic and operational planning and outcomes analysis within the Program – analyze, and present to faculty, findings of student and cohort competency progression to mitigate risk of slowed development.
- Conceive strategies, develop tools and processes, and coordinate resources required to support curriculum tracking objectives.
- Provide benchmarking information to Program Director as a means of assessing effectiveness of program processes/systems.
- Collects, manages, scrubs, and distributes a variety of program data to inform and support the ongoing assessment reporting and planning processes of the Program
- Manage on-time completion of core program functions, including but not limited to didactic, clinical, and admissions timelines.
- Consult with the Program Director and serve as liaison to University-level administrators to promote, coordinate, and monitor data and analytics required by institutional accrediting bodies.
- Serve on relevant program committees and communicate data-driven recommendations to all members of the team.
- Provide the ongoing data analysis and summary reports required to fulfill accreditation requirements.
- Train faculty and staff in the use of tracking, reporting, and data repository tools.
- Identify and provide oversight of budget needs associated with securing and implementing new systems and tools to enhance data analysis and management.
- Serve as liaison for any curriculum tracking tool, data analytics, or data repository development by external or internal vendors.
- Coordinate with tool vendors to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements of any project management, data analytic, or data repository tools required within the program.
- Oversee data integrity and integration processes between outside vendors and university systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Proven research and evaluation experience and expert knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods. Track record of undertaking and/or commissioning research and evaluation that has informed practice and/or policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data, interpret findings, discern implications, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical analysis software, including ability to write complex syntax.
- Advanced critical thinking skills, exhibited by the ability to synthesize and summarize complex information from a range of sources in an accessible way.
- Ability to translate technical data into messages and graphic representations meaningful to a broad audience.
- In-depth understanding of modern database design, systems and information technologies.
- Designing, developing, and modifying data infrastructure to accelerate the processes of data analysis and reporting.
- Developing standards of operation when handling and archiving data.
- Maintaining data management plans and instructions for operating complex business systems.
- Assessing system performance and making recommendations for hardware, software, and data storage improvements.
- Ensuring data and information security by integrating and upholding digital security systems.
- Good relational skills (including with people from a diverse range of backgrounds) and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. Personable and able to influence others whilst maintaining supportive, collegial relationships. Ability to establish positive working relationships at all levels of an organization and across departments
- Ability to work independently, possess strong time management and prioritization skills, and operate with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective meeting and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and desire to lead
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a medical or technical field
- At least five years relevant experience in an educational or research setting. Experience in industry can also be transferable to this position.
- Experience in statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
- Skilled with data visualization and analysis tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Excel, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Master's Degree or other advanced degree in statistics and measurement
- Professional background in academic and medical environments
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with medical education-specific IT systems (learning management, clinical tracking platforms, assessment platforms)
- Experience working directly with software tool vendors
$60,000 - $74,900 + per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU’s compensation plan. RVU’s full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.