December 7, 2023
About Our Company
Dedicated to simplifying the international healthcare experience for the globally mobile, GeoBlue offers one of the strongest global medical networks available, along with leading digital tools, supported by 24/7 world-class medical assistance. GeoBlue offers a range of solutions, covering the needs of the globally mobile for short trips and long-term assignments, including group, individual and student international health insurance products. Our group corporate products are offered under the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® brand.
GeoBlue is a trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Blue Cross Blue Shield Global is a brand owned by Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Job Description & Responsibilities
GeoBlue is actively pursuing a Senior Data Analyst to be responsible for working with enterprise business leads to identify their needs in terms of data and implement and enhance business intelligence capabilities and data insights. The Senior Data analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining data visualization, dashboards, and reports to present the data in a user-friendly format. This includes tasks such as creating charts, graphs, and tables, and is also responsible for analyzing and interpreting the data to identify patterns, trends, and insights, including tasks such as statistical analysis, data modeling, and machine learning.
The position also helps to develop and implement data-driven strategies to improve business performance and decision-making.
- Lead analytic initiatives to implement and enhance analytic data marts.
- Conduct full lifecycle analysis to understand data requirements from the business, and design and implement the data analytic solutions together with the IT teams.
- Design, develop, and implement self-service data visualization in Power BI for projects and operational support as required.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques to uncover insights that can inform business decisions.
- Collaborate with business owners, project managers, testers, and other developers to complete all project reporting requirements and deliverables.
- Collaborate with GeoBlue database team to implement ETL processes to support the production reporting and data analytics environment.
- Perform troubleshooting, debugging, proofing, and testing.
- Perform data analysis in the data warehouses to ensure that data is accurate, complete, and accessible to all members of the organization.
- Comply with both IT and Analytic policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with analytic and business leads to develop and meet relevant SLA goals.
- Continuously monitoring the data landscape and staying up-to-date with the latest data analysis techniques and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of related data analytic experience.
- Experience with identification and definition of business metrics, design of dimensions in datamarts, and data warehousing in general
- Experience developing analytic plans and answering relevant business questions utilizing various healthcare data.
- Strong knowledge of Power Bi for data visualization (Qlik will be a plus)
- Knowledge of ETL processes and reporting.
- Senior-level experience and proficiency with ANSI SQL, Oracle SQL, or PL/SQL expertise.
- Experience with data structures and data modeling including relational database design.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly, with a high sense of urgency, and ability to adapt to situations quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Employee is required to have at minimum an internet speed of 75 Mbps (standard high-speed internet access).
- Flexibility to work in an office and/or at-home, remote office environment.
- Schedule flexibility is occasionally necessary in this position. Individual may be required to attend key business/departmental meetings and/or perform certain business critical job functions outside of normal working hours.
- Physical Demands: must be able to communicate internally and externally through receiving and responding to auditory and visual methods.
What we offer
The starting base pay for this role is $87,500 to $114,000 and will be based on skill level and experience in a similar role.