Over 50 Million people worldwide have chosen Aflac because of our commitment to providing customers with the confidence that comes from knowing they have assistance in being prepared for whatever life may bring.
With Aflac, whether you're a large business or a small one, you can provide your employees with the kind of benefits they’d expect from a bigger company, helping your business stand out from the crowd. Hundreds of thousands of businesses across the United States already make Aflac available to their employees—at no direct cost to their company.
Choose from a wide range of products that can help your employees with health events—from accidents, to disability, to cancer, to life insurance. Your employees enjoy benefits from Aflac, all employee-paid.
This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business partners and audit team members to gather requirements in support of analytics and dashboard creation, prepares supporting audit documentation, and assists with business rules development
- Provides audit technical support; coordinates and communicates with business partners providing guidance regarding audit projects, software development and/or support requests; provides technical advice in the definition, development, implementation and review of existing and proposed projects or applications for audit teams, leading research and documentation of business requirements; assists in the review of existing and proposed applications for audit systems and databases
- Develops and maintains databases, to include documenting standards for use, control, updating and maintenance of databases within internal business areas
- Assists with defining processes to incorporate data and analytics into Internal Audit methodology, including continuous risk assessment, periodic sampling and data-driven root cause analysis; assists with the establishment of standard analytics definitions and documentation standards that are supported by clear data definitions and clear traceability to data sources; performs formal quality reviews of data based on established guidelines
- Works closely with management to prioritize business and information needs and serves as a business focused, value-added partner for the Internal Auditors and the Internal Audit function
- Builds reusable analytics tools, templates and request forms; creates documentation for data governance and data sources such as data dictionaries; ensures data quality and validity checks
- Remains abreast of the latest software to build tools, reports and conduct analysis most efficiently
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time
- Performs other duties as required
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of SQL Server is required
- Ability to design and develop analytics within various technical tools to deliver meaningful insights to support audits
- Knowledge of the operations of the business and the insurance industry
- Knowledge and understanding of internal audit standards and guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and business process controls
- Ability to use analysis skills to investigate and fully understand the root causes of problems and find solutions
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with management and internal and external business contacts
- Ability to create dashboards and prepare audit documentation
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data
- Ability to communicate and present to diverse audiences, including executive management, via dashboards and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge and skill in Visio required
- Knowledge of SAP and Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Intermediate knowledge and skill in Microsoft Access, Word, Advanced Analysis Tools, Statistical Analysis Tools, and Statistical Analysis required
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Business Intelligence Reporting Tools, Business Case Preparation, Business Cost/Benefit Analysis, Data Trend Analysis and Interpretation, Financial/Budget Analysis and Business Performance Analysis and Forecasting
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or a related field
- Four years of progressively responsible work-related experience that demonstrates successful analytics work
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.