December 6, 2023
About Our Company
Pirate Ship was started for two reasons:
- You're paying out the nose for shipping costs.
- Your cursed shippin' software ain't even easy to use!
We're a jolly crew of scallywags who think shipping should be fun... and because of how many shippers have come aboard, we've unlocked the cheapest shipping rates, which we pass on to you with no monthly fees or hidden costs.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Every ecommerce business deserves the cheapest shipping rates. That’s why Pirate Ship’s simple shipping software levels the playing field for small businesses, giving them free access to the deepest shipping discounts with no fees or hidden costs. We’re currently on the lookout for exceptional pirates to join our crew as a Senior Data Analyst otherwise known as a Senior Data Buccaneer to us here at Pirate Ship.
Pirate Ship is a remote-first company, and like any jolly crew of pirates we operate in a casual and creative atmosphere, where everyone’s ideas are welcome and having fun is encouraged. We offer competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and the opportunity to tell people you’re a pirate when they ask what you do. As Steve Jobs said, “It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy!”
- Chart a course: Create and maintain reports and models.
- Sounds the depths: Create analysis necessary for decision making related to pricing, product, and client acquisition.
- Use the spyglass: Monitor shipping industry developments and trends, determining the key implications for Pirate Ship.
- Balanced buccaneering: Participate in the decision making process by providing analysis and recommendations.
- Support your crew: Support analytic projects across Pirate Ship departments.
- Ride the seas of change: You're comfortable in a remote environment where there’s lots of change all the time.
- Sail from your port o’ call: You're able to work from home and connect with your crew-mates throughout the day over chat, voice, and video through company-provided equipment. Quarterly in-person meetings at varied locations.
- Hoist the Jolly Roger: Share your background, experience and interests with the crew to enhance our fun, progressive culture.
- 5+ years of experience in reporting and analytics.
- Ability to use Database applications to convert large individual package datasets for use in reports and models.
- Experience with data and BI tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc., and query languages like SQL.
- Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
Bonus Points For/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in ecommerce.
- YARRrrr! The ability to speak like a pirate!
What we offer
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation - The pay range for this role is $130,000-$150,000 yearly USD.
- Vacation Time - We offer 144 hours of accrued vacation time to start to keep our pirates rested & rejuvenated!
- Paid Holidays - 12 paid holidays per year.
- Paid Sick Time - 80 hours annually.
- Medical Insurance - 100% covered for Pirates by the company and kicks in the first of the month after enrollment. If you want to add any dependents (spouse, partner or children), they’ll be 50% covered.
- Dental and Vision - 100% covered for Pirates and 50% covered for dependents.
- 401(K) - We offer a Traditional 401(K) and a Roth 401(K), and pirates who contribute 1-3% of their annual salary get matched 100% by the company.
- Parental Leave - Full 12 weeks for parents for the birth, adoption, or foster placement of a child.
- Home Office Reimbursement - We provide a one-time home office reimbursement of up to $1,500 to purchase an ergonomic desk and chair.
- Other Stipends for Remote Individuals - Wifi & snacks, we’ve got y’er back!
- Virtual Tacos for ARRrrrsome Rewards- “Hey Taco!” is our employee recognition program where you can give and receive virtual "Tacos" which can be redeemed for rewards.
We Sail Under Our Three Pirate Codes:
- People over Plunder - Screwing people over is a game for lily-livered landlubbers! We believe that doing what’s right is the tide that raises every ship, including ours.
- Clarity, not Confusion - Confusion is tyranny. Clarity is freedom. We strive to make things easy to understand and tackle real needs for our customers.
- Play or Perish - A life without laughter isn’t worth living. Why should that be any different in business?
Our Values Reflect Who We ARRrrr:
- Be Fair - Accessible to everyone, so no one’s left out.
- Be Nice - Empathy, humanity, and humor go a long way.
- Be Real - Be reliable and back up the pirate talk.