About Our Company
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Data Analyst, Sala Institute.
In this role, the successful candidate This position will support Hassenfeld Childrens Hospital @ NYU Langone (HCH) wide data analytics needs. This position is responsible for database, dashboard, analytic, and data reporting support and conducting projects affiliated with all missions of Sala Institute in support of HCH. The role involves developing and managing databases, designing and managing data collection methods, statistical data analysis, creating reports and information products, and data visualization to present to HCH leadership.
- Support HCH leadership in analyzing departmental quality and safety, resource utilization, clinical practice, throughput and efficiency, financial performance, patient/family satisfaction, regulatory compliance, and other initiatives within HCH.
- Assist HCH leadership in in conducting process analysis, problem identification and root cause analysis, layout analysis, organization and environmental analysis and formulating recommendations and action plans for improvement. Participates in group problem solving in developing modified and improved process operations, and in implementing pilot studies and trails of suggested improvements.
- Assists in designing, developing and implementing performance measurement systems to track performance as well as customer expectations and monitors against targets.
- Assists in designing, analyzing, implementing and evaluating various programs and initiatives. Assists team members in data collection and writing of reports to present outcomes.
- Assists in coordinating and facilitating communication across HCH and support staff to ensure consistent analytical approaches. Facilitates sharing of knowledge, best practices, and analytical approaches with others.
- Extract data from the medical center s data warehouse via Oracle SQL Developer and HUE.
- Visualize analytic insights and create dashboards with the use of Tableau for end stakeholders to use in decision-making and monitoring of performance.
- Provides training and assistance to other data analysts within HCH
- Effectively communicates concepts and principles of statistically recognized performance measurement techniques.
- Research new data sources and analytical tools/methodologies; contribute to new product development and improvement in product delivery and presentation.
- Provide expertise for data collection design, data organization, data visualization and other reporting; analyze data using various statistical and reporting systems.
- Conduct data cleaning, data management, data restructuring, data quality management, and maintenance of existing reports and reporting systems.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing departmental requests using Microsoft Excel or other data collection, statistical, and reporting systems.
- Support data collection methods, databases, analysis, and reports utilizing existing institutional software.
- Support the design of de novo data collection methods, databases, and reports.
- Manage the submission and tracking of data and data requests, and communicate status to project leaders.
- Collaborate with clinicians, administrative staff, and other colleagues to determine reporting specifications and analysis requirements.
Assume other activities and responsibilities as directed. Additional responsibilities can include:
- Using machine learning and predictive analytics to support medical decision-making and advance patient care.
- Delivering analytics presentations in both small-group and HCH-wide meetings.
To qualify you must have a Minimum Qualifications:Bachelors Degree. Minimum of three years of previous experience in a healthsystem-related analytical role with demonstrated knowledge of analytical tools, software applications and financial concepts required. Familiarity with planning tools, statistical analysis including regression analysis and other statistical models, business forecasting models, and project management preferred. Strong interpersonal skills, a team oriented style, and creative/conceptual abilities required.
- Masters degree in biostatistics, computer science, information management, statistics, or data science.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) and programming.
- Minimum 3 Years Of Experience With Tableau Software.
- Knowledge of usability, human-computer interaction, and best practices in data visualization.
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Stata, SAS, or SPSS.
- Experience with Python
- REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) expertise.
- Experience in report writing within Epic or health system data
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
What we offer
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements.
The salary range for the role is $61,475.67 - $95,000.00 Annually.
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.