December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Companies come to BlackLine (Nasdaq: BL) because their traditional manual accounting processes are not sustainable. BlackLine’s cloud-based financial operations management platform and market-leading customer service help companies move to modern accounting by unifying their data and processes, automating repetitive work, and driving accountability through visibility. BlackLine provides solutions to manage and automate financial close, accounts receivable and intercompany accounting processes, helping large enterprises and midsize companies across all industries do accounting work better, faster and with more control.
Thousands of customers trust BlackLine to help them close faster with complete and accurate results. The company is the pioneer of the cloud financial close market and recognized as the leader by customers at leading end-user review sites including Gartner Peer Insights, G2 and TrustRadius. BlackLine is a global company with operations in major business centers around the world including Los Angeles, New York, the San Francisco Bay area, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Singapore and Sydney.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Ready to be a game changer in B2B marketing analytics? Join us as our Senior Marketing Data Analyst and be the catalyst for transforming our marketing strategy. You'll be at the forefront of designing data-driven models and processes that ensure we reach the right people at the right companies, fueling our qualified pipeline and revenue growth while reducing acquisition costs.
You'll dive deep into the data to help us answer questions at the heart of our demand generation strategy: How do different audience segments interact with BlackLine? Which marketing channels are the most effective, what impact do our marketing campaigns have, and how can we optimize them?
Be a part of something big and make your mark in the world of data-driven marketing strategy. You will be a thought partner for responsible growth initiatives, using advanced data skills to help marketing teams move away from opinion and toward data-informed, insight-led decisions.
You'll Get To:
Marketing Data Management:
- Develop deep expertise in our marketing data ecosystem, marketing metrics, data, and processes (e.g., website, CRM, marketing automation systems)
- Identify gaps in data that prevent us from effectively generating demand across buying groups and pipeline
Demand Gen Reporting:
- Support the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for marketing leadership
- Determine, design, and implement automated reports and dashboards to help us understand the effectiveness of our global demand generation efforts while also focusing on improving marketing KPIs such as ROMI
- Help prepare presentations that summarize key insights tailored to specific marketing and sales audiences
- Evaluate ongoing marketing performance against marketing targets
- Report and analyze demand generation performance by campaign source, developing key metrics and goals across our revenue lifecycle to understand quality, conversion rates, and velocity
- Identify areas of underperformance in the revenue lifecycle and share insights and action plans with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and build credibility with marketing, BDR, and sales teams, staying up to date on new initiatives and working to understand their data and reporting needs while managing expectations and providing guidance on best practices
- Facilitate self-serve reporting and formulate roadmaps to prioritize projects; this includes development of content and enablement
What You'll Bring:
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's in a quantitative discipline or similar experience
- Demonstrated experience with multi-touch attribution and AB Testing.
- Expertise with Salesforce and leading BI analytics tools like PowerBI, Tableau, or Qlik. Ability to learn other tools and evaluate tools for suitability of implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in BI data architecture, including ETL and APIs, and DW concepts such as star schema.
- Strong graphics and visualization. Ability to convey messages simply and advise on best possible graphics visualizations.
- Familiarity with statistics and probability at undergraduate level of study. Background in data science helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated initiative and tenacity to begin a project and complete it. Demonstrated project management and project planning skills. Ability to provide a solid plan for complex projects, including stakeholder’s alignment planning, communication planning, and process change planning.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to present executive summaries of actionable insights and recommendations to executives.
- Collaborate with the immediate and broader marketing team to help provide holistic actionable insights.
- Independently exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Selects methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of relatively routine to diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, Bizible, 6sense
- Familiar with BlackLine or other common financial systems such as Hyperion, etc. is a plus.
- Experience using Python and/or R
What we offer
Salary Range: USD $92,700.00 - USD $131,600.00
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.