Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW), is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. We thrive on discovery and expanding the boundaries of medical technology, serving patients in 100+ countries, with the help of our employees in areas including Clinical Affairs, Quality Engineering, Research & Development, Regulatory Affairs, Sales & Marketing, corporate functions and more.
Our roots date back to 1958 when Miles Lowell Edwards, a retired engineer with a background in hydraulics and fuel pump operations, set out to build the first artificial heart. Edwards believed the heart could be mechanized and was encouraged by Dr. Albert Starr to focus on developing an artificial heart valve. After just two years, the first Starr-Edwards mitral valve was developed and successfully placed in a patient. This innovation spawned Edwards Laboratories. Miles’ fascination with healing the heart and helping patients with heart disease stemmed from his own experience with rheumatic fever as a teenager and continues to fuel our patient-first culture today.
Today, we are as passionate about providing innovative solutions for people fighting cardiovascular disease as we have ever been. It's our Credo. It takes integrity, collaboration, innovation, and focus. We are leaders in the design and manufacture of tissue replacement heart valves and repair products as well as advanced hemodynamic monitoring. We partner with physicians to innovate products designed to help patients live longer, healthier, and more productive lives.
Our work is both rewarding and a privilege. The importance of what we do defines our approach. We work together to create an environment where ideas can flourish and we provide our people with the resources, expertise and support to bring those ideas to life.
We are looking to add a talented Sr. Analyst, Workforce Analytics in the Workforce Insights department to support and advance data and analytics capabilities for Human Resources at Edwards. In this role you will lead, and support data driven HR and people decisions for our workforce through dashboarding, visualization, modeling, insights and recommendations. As the Sr. Analyst of Workforce Analytics, you will be exploring data, technologies, and the application of mathematical techniques to enable business insights. You’ll consult with business partners to proactively research, analyze and present information and data in a context appropriate to evaluate ongoing programs and strategic priorities.
This role is flexible to allow for remote work within the United States.
- Actively exploring data for specific use cases
- Creating measurable insights from the data to be shared
- Developing metrics, measurement strategy, reports, and statistics
- Documenting calculations, code, and adhering to data management principles
- Exploring statistical analysis that could be applied to the data
- Performing descriptive and inferential statistics including mean, variance, median, correlation, regression, t-tests, ANOVA
- Applies insights and testing in partnership with business users
- Ability to work independently to turn business problems into data solutions
- Serve as a thought leader and mentor on business domain and analytical techniques
- Synthesize complex data into consumable insights and effectively communicate findings for business stakeholders to make empirical decisions
- Provide guidance to business / functional data stewards to ensure alignment on MDM, data projects and data quality/monitoring efforts
- Identify issues and provide recommendations for process improvement
- Lead the execution of complex MDM related projects – data harmonization, data clean up, system enhancements by engaging key stakeholders, data stewards, and IT partners
- Create and maintain data policies, standards and processes; document and maintain data definitions, ownership, and quality rules
- Monitor quality of content and make sure that quality issues are identified, documented, and prioritized
- Provide training and coaching to other data stewards - Train content contributors with a range of expertise on the importance of following good data-entry and management processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas: metadata, data governance, stewardship, data quality, data analysis
- Strong understanding of people analytics, workforce insights, HR analytics, or other related business analytics.
- Experience conducting statistical analysis and creating data visualizations
- Good project management skills (e.g., documenting data flows, business processes, power point presentations)
- Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced tools and systems
- Familiarity with database-centric applications
- Knowledge of Data Governance stack including Executive Sponsorship, Stewardship, Process Definition, Issue Resolution, Process Mapping, Change Management
- Knowledge of Master Data Management including Domain / Entity Definition, Golden Records / Single Source of Truth, Data Enrichment, Data Matching / Duplication
- Full knowledge and understanding with BI, reporting, data mining, or multi-data center applications
- Advanced degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field
- Strong domain knowledge in Human Resources data and processes
- Experience working in/supporting core HCM systems (i.e., Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP etc.)
- Experience conducting advanced statistical analysis (i.e., using Python, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience working with data visualization software (PowerBI, Tableau or other similar tools)
- Medical device or regulated manufacturing industry experience
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability speak to varying levels across the organization and drive achievement of objectives
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
- Ability to learn new concepts and software quickly
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience conducting survey research (e.g.: onboarding, exit surveys, etc.)
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
The base pay range for this position is $86,000 to $121,000 (highly experienced).