February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Improving lives through the largest, most actionable Healthcare Map™.
At Komodo Health, we partner with our customers to improve patient care and reduce disease burden through data-driven insights. The Komodo Health Platform delivers patient-level insights by dynamically analyzing the broadest array of data across patients, practitioners, and health systems.
We put patients at the center of clinical innovation.
Healthcare today is all about delivering value — improving patient outcomes while reducing healthcare costs by helping our customers put life-saving therapies in the hands of people that need them the most.
The Komodo Health software platform provides access to a broader array of healthcare stakeholders in over fifty therapeutic areas. Our comprehensive Healthcare Map™ helps:
- Life Sciences extend the reach of innovative therapies
- Patient Advocacy align investments toward the right patients and practitioners
- Healthcare Practitioners address unmet medical needs in their communities
- Payers increase care quality while reducing cost
Let’s work together to reduce the burden of disease.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
This role is critical to designing and implementing data processing and analysis programming pipelines for Life Science/HEOR/RWE research studies utilizing the Komodo Healthcare Map.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Develop programming pipeline to perform large-scale data extraction, transformation, and validations to facilitate high-quality HEOR/RWE studies using SQL
- Implement and execute analytic plans for observational research studies using Komodo data
- Perform complex statistical modeling in a programming language such as R/Python/SAS
- Take ownership of the analysis pipeline to generate results, and ensure that results align with study objectives and statistical approaches in the research protocol
- Present interim and final results internally for review by stakeholders, incorporate feedback to the analysis pipeline and iterate on analytic plans as needed.
- Create final deliverables in industry standard to share with external clients
- Design and implement standardized programs for reproducible research
What You Bring To Komodo
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant disciplines.
- At least three years of industry experience working with large-scale databases using SQL (data query, data cleaning, data transformation).
- Experience working with a large healthcare database (preferably administrative claims or EHR).
- Experience working in a research team collaborating with subject-matter experts on epidemiological research studies.
- Basic understanding of concepts used in epidemiological study design.
- Experience performing statistical analysis (descriptive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, and visualization).
- Proficient in implementing statistical methods in programming languages such as R/Python/SAS.
- Willingness to learn new tools and methods in order to deliver best-in-class results.
Nice to have
- Advanced SQL skills, familiar with frameworks such as dbt
- Familiar with standard programming practices such as version control and git.
- Extensive knowledge of epidemiological study design.
- Advanced knowledge in statistical modeling in the healthcare research area: PSM, KM, Cox model.
- Experience working with the healthcare system.
- Published manuscripts using claims data.
- Experience with other programming languages.
What we offer
The targeted base salary range for the this role is listed below and is accompanied by a competitive bonus and equity package.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.