February 22, 2024
About Our Company
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger.
We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Our data analysts are an integral part of a small team focused on finding data-based insights to help optimize enrollment outcomes for college and university partners. Analysts work in tandem with the principals of the firm and each other to interpret for partners the real-world implications of enrollment data.
This position may require travel to a number of college campuses intermittently throughout the year.
This role is based in Richmond, VA or Minneapolis, MN.
- Associate Data Analysts work with more senior Data Analysts to collect and assemble student-related enrollment and financial aid data, create descriptive charts and graphs, and prepare data to be used in forecasting models based on statistical analysis. General tasks include:
- Sending data requests to partners
- Working with partners to answer their questions related to collection of data
- Testing data for integrity and working with partners to correct errors
- Keeping partners and partner teams informed about data discrepancies and assisting in resolution
- Cleansing partner data for statistical analysis
- Creating charts and graphs for partner reports and applying template structures to individual partner
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in person, via email, and on the phone
- Familiarity with college enrollment and/or financial aid programs, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience conducting analyses using Microsoft Access
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Able to work and solve problems independently, and to ask for help when necessary
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
What we offer
The anticipated starting salary range for this role is $50,000 - $52,500 per year. Actual salary varies due to factors that may include but not be limited to relevant experience, skills, and location. At EAB, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the starting salary range for their role.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.