December 7, 2023
About Our Company
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide personalized guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for hands-on data analysis to quantify the impact of marketing touchpoints, content, and channels in the advisor’s journey to conversion. In this individual contributor role, you’ll work with marketing consultants and leaders to understand their business goals and campaign strategies to become well-versed in their initiatives. You’ll prepare, transform and join multiple data sets to enable in-depth analysis of conversion activity. You’ll develop and present meaningful insights to illustrate how marketing impacts customer acquisition, wallet share, and retention. You’ll also have the opportunity to act as a coach, helping to drive organizational understanding, adoption, and application of your findings, directly contributing to firm goals for business growth.
- Partner with marketing stakeholders to define research objectives, business questions, project scope, success criteria and data requirements
- Identify, export and run reports and dashboards in Pardot and Salesforce CRM to assess funnel performance and attribution
- Conduct exploratory analysis to proactively identify and surface high-value opportunities
- Clean, organize and prepare data for analysis, including evaluating data lineage, assessing data quality, and advancing data governance best practices
- Perform descriptive and diagnostic analysis to answer business questions, identify drivers of customer behaviors, conversions and business outcomes, and quantify ROI from marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Synthesize quality insights and prepare compelling presentations for senior and executive level audiences
- Provide subject-matter expertise and consulting to marketing leadership to develop business cases and forecast return on marketing investments
- Contribute to strategic roadmap to mature Marketing’s analytics, data, and martech capabilities to accelerate and operationalize ROI measurement
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Data Analytics, Statistics or related field
- 5-7+ years of experience in marketing analytics, marketing research or data analyst role
- Experience with Pardot, Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or CDP
- Experience analyzing CRM and marketing touchpoint data to understand the sales cycle, evaluate channel/campaign performance, identify optimization opportunities and measure ROI
- Experience with querying, cleaning, joining, and building large data sets for analysis and reporting from multiple sources (data warehouse, spreadsheets, data exports from martech platforms)
- Demonstrated ability to derive meaningful insights from multiple data sources, simplify complex concepts to easy-to understand storytelling presentations, and deliver findings to senior-level leadership
- Sharp analytical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to find creative solutions for project execution and data challenges
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details
- Strong understanding or hands-on experience with marketing attribution methodologies to measure incremental value of marketing (marketing mix modeling, media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, market testing, a/b testing, randomized controlled trial, econometrics)
- Experience measuring and testing effectiveness of individual marketing channels and omni-channel campaigns, including website, email, paid media, social media, video, audio, direct mail and intranet/proprietary channels
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Eloqua, Tableau
- Experience with identity resolution platforms or building proprietary identity graphs
- Understanding and application of customer segmentation
What we offer
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more.