February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Avangrid is a leading sustainable energy company transitioning America toward a clean and connected future headquartered in Orange, CT, and has a footprint in 24 states with $40 billion in assets. Our primary businesses are Networks, which serves 3.3 million electric and natural gas customers in the Northeast, and Renewables, the third-largest renewable energy company in the U.S. with a diverse onshore and offshore renewable energy portfolio. With more than 7,000 employees, Avangrid has built a culture that blends diversity, equity and inclusion guided by the company’s ESG+F framework and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. This has led to recognition by JUST Capital in 2021 and 2022 as one of America’s best corporate citizens and second in utilities for our commitment to the environment and the communities we serve. Avangrid has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years by the Ethisphere Institute.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Smart Metering Department with Avangrid’s Operational Smart Grids organization is responsible for strategy, enterprise planning, operation, delivery, and compliance of metering systems and networks covering over 1 million meters, primarily Advanced Metering Infrastructure (“AMI” or smart meters), currently across the states of Maine and Connecticut. AMI is considered a foundational technology for grid modernization. United Illuminating, a subsidiary of Avangrid, serves over 338,000 retail electric customers in the greater New Haven and Bridgeport areas of Connecticut. This position reports to the Regional Manager for Smart Metering’s Connecticut-based operations, and will work with the team to perform daily operations, develop and implement solutions for the Meter Data Management System (MDM), MV-90 xi system, and other applications in support of business requirements. The selected person will join a team of technical systems and metering experts and will collaborate with metering peers in Maine and New York and other groups across Avangrid, including IT, Telecommunications, Distribution Automation, Electric Operations, Customer Service, and Innovation.
- Perform data extraction, data cleansing and data analysis with analytical tools such as, SAS, SPSS, Access, Excel, SQL/Oracle queries or other similar programs on a high volume of repetitive data with extremely high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform daily data operations in systems such as SAP, the Meter Data Management System, MV-90 xi system, meter reading systems and others as assigned.
- Provide support and assistance to junior team members, using knowledge and experience with data analysis and systems, to assist them with their daily works tasks.
- Take actions to cleanse, correct, validate and provide data to various processes and customers both internal and external, including to Regulatory, Internal Audit, Finance, Engineering, Revenue Protection, Credit and Collections, and Customer Service. Research data anomalies for evidence of network problems, meter failure, meter tampering or energy diversion.
- Independently and proactively identify and solve a range of problems from simple to moderate complexity utilizing analytical tools or other approved methods; analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard practices and procedures.
- Respond to standard and non-standard requests from customers and stakeholders; investigate events and take appropriate actions to alleviate issues; explain information and provide data to internal and external customers; provide graphs and/or reports, and interpret data to requestors.
- Apply team effectiveness skills; contribute to the achievement of team goals. Works as a tier 1 support / troubleshooting person for all systems utilized in metering data and works with vendors as required to resolve issues.
- Will be responsible for technical contribution to a project/process team. Participate in projects as an active team member.
- Supports testing and debugging of upgrades to existing systems and implementation of new systems and processes.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company data.
- Perform storm duties as required.
Skills And Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, or Statistics with at least 5 years of experience preferred.
- Familiarity with SAP required.
- Analytical background , including experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- Ability to prioritize goals in time constrained environment required
- Experience with coding or altering existing programs preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other business analytical tools required
- Experience with Meter Data Management Systems, MV-90 xi, and/or related metering systems preferred
- Ability to maintain the integrity of data during extraction, storage, manipulation, and processing required
- Demonstrated track record of learning new technologies and systems, building cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders, and solving complex technical issues required
- Knowledge of electric and/or gas utility operations preferred
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $83,000 to $109,000.00 dependent on experience.