February 22, 2024
About Our Company
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company with a mission to create a new era of media where advertising works better for people. Responsible for more than $60 billion in annual media investment, according to COMvergence, the company innovates, differentiates, and generates sustained value for clients wherever they do business. GroupM’s portfolio includes agencies Mindshare, Wavemaker, EssenceMediacom and mSix&Partners, as well as Choreograph (Data & Technology), GroupM Nexus (Cross-Channel Performance & Activation), and GroupM Investment. Discover more at www.groupm.com.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a data analyst within the analytics team, you will work in an environment where everyone is passionate about data, analytics and self-development with a customer-centric focus. You will act as the primary day-to-day execution contact for client deliverables including but not limited to measurement planning, reporting, media and creative testing/analysis, as well as competitive research and analysis.
You will have an opportunity to learn how to employ advanced data engineering, data science tools and techniques to media analytics. The position will support the Analytics lead to ensure consistent quality output on all projects.
You Will Be Expected To
- Consult with senior client marketing and business leaders to define and answer most important business questions to drive business growth
- Analyze media performance utilizing cutting edge cloud tools and innovative analytics techniques that to create actionable insights
- Perform storytelling from data and analyses; persuasively communicate insights to internal stakeholders and clients
- Manipulate raw data to provide structured data sets for analysis
- Analyze media performance data to uncover actionable insights which can be used to provide learnings and recommendations to the Client Leadership team
- Use Statistical and Data Mining methods to project and explain client performance
- Work with senior level Analytics team and Client Leadership teams to develop project timelines and deliverable schedules
- Design and maintain dashboards for standard report delivery
- Proactively communicate project progress, issues and deliverables to manager and director
- Bachelor’s or Graduate in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science. Economics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 1-2 years experience of relevant work experience, media analytics preferred
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience with the following technologies:
- Data Visualization: Tableau, Power BI, Datorama
- Web Analytics: Omniture, Google Analytics
- Experience with relational databases (i.e. SQL, mySQL)
- Familiarity with Python a plus
- Knowledge of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines (including primary research, online advertising, customer segmentation, targeting, direct marketing, customer care)
- Familiarity with online marketing, digital metrics and programmatic media
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills – a demonstrated ability to mine data for relevant and actionable insights
- Inquisitive with a desire to tell a story using data
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Excellent written, oral communication, project management and presentation skills
What we offer
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $45,000 to $90,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, please visit https://www.wpp.com/people/wellbeing/benefits-at-wpp-in-the-us for more details.