BlastPoint, Inc., is a B2B provider of customer intelligence and analytics solutions that companies across sectors rely on to optimize revenue growth. Serving the energy, financial, and automotive sectors, as well as numerous nonprofit community organizations, BlastPoint helps companies discover, target and engage the humans in their data.
Our customer intelligence platform makes AI-powered insights accessible to business users, no data management expertise necessary. This makes BlastPoint the go-to resource for business teams who seek to better understand the people and places they serve.
BlastPoint has helped partners across sectors accomplish business objectives and surpass benchmarks. Results we've helped our partners achieve include increasing digital engagement by 670%, surpassing social media benchmarks by 30%, saving $1.3 million by enrolling more customers in paperless billing, getting a 47% payment in full response from delinquent accounts, and more.
As a Business Data Analyst at BlastPoint, you will play a critical role in bridging the gap between data and business decision-making. This position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business acumen, and communication skills. You will be responsible for constructing business-ready data tables, ensuring data integrity, and providing actionable insights to both our internal teams and diverse clientele.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Data teams to develop business-focused data solutions including: leading and participating in customer-facing meetings, gathering client requirements, documenting use cases, etc.
- Identify and address gaps in client data essential for analysis.
- Determine appropriate data types and usage for client-provided attributes.
- Engineer custom attributes tailored to specific client needs.
- Support upstream data science, data engineering, and platform onboarding processes by creating and reviewing attribute metadata
- Conduct rigorous quality control checks on all data prior to client presentations.
- Become a power user of the BlastPoint platform, leveraging proprietary in-house tools for data transformation, preparation, and analysis.
- Collaborate with Customer Success in platform staging and other necessary preparations to ensure smooth client onboarding.
- Assist in the creation of presentations and other customer-facing materials to assist customers in better understanding data.
- Manage multiple client projects simultaneously, ensuring timely and accurate delivery.
- Communicate directly with clients regarding the data and business requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Information Systems, Business Management, Business Analytics, or related fields.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in spreadsheet software.
- Strong grasp of data analysis from a business perspective.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to daily standup meetings (9:30am - 10:00am ET).
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Subject to a background check.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in SQL for efficient data querying.
- Comfortable using IDEs, terminal for script maintenance.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Python (numpy, pandas).
- Familiarity with Git and task tracking tools like Asana.
- Acute attention to data quality and detail.
- Independent work ethic in a fast-paced, project-driven environment.
- Problem-solving mindset and adaptability to various solutions.
- Willingness to travel to Pittsburgh, PA office and to customer sites periodically.