About Our Company
DCS Corp offers advanced technology and management solutions to Government agencies in the national security sector. We seek to develop successful working relationships with our customers to ensure that we meet expectations and get the job done right. The value that we place on ensuring customer satisfaction is based on our strong corporate culture of empowerment, innovation, responsiveness, and professional excellence. The transformative ideas and entrepreneurial spirit that characterize our more than 1,800+ employee-owners allow DCS to ensure success of each client’s mission and actively contribute to the well-being of the nation.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The F-18 Integrated Product Team (IPT) at NAWCWD China Lake has an opening for a Data Analyst (DA). The team member will be working in a dynamic environment and will be responsible for analyzing data, creating analysis tools, and reporting test results of F/A 18 E/F Integration testing.
Essential Job Functions
- The DA will support technical engineering reviews, understand system requirements, learn the technical details of the F/A 18 E/F Integration effort, and apply that knowledge to help execute a dynamic test program.
- Actively participate in test planning of ground, laboratory, and flight test events to ensure decision quality test data is collected.
- Perform timely and accurate analysis to support decision authorities. The ideal candidate will have analysis experience in aircraft Mux, 1553, and Fibre data.
- Interface with other government agencies and work with contractors on acquisition programs to assure that the Navy's interests are met.
- Design data analysis processes to assess the performance of various systems and system concepts over development cycles.
- Develop requirements for test scenarios and associated documentation in flight cards.
- Review system level documentation and provides changes and recommendations.
- Develop test methods for evaluating performance and designs test scenario(s) to yield valid and measurable quantitative test results.
- Utilize scripting languages to manipulate and draw conclusions from large data sets.
- Develop data analysis tools to streamline and automate data analysis, processing, and reporting.
- Develop test support, instrumentation, and data recording requirements to facilitate collection of critical flight test data.
- Assess and resolve engineering issues real time during test missions.
- Analyzes test data (real-time and post-mission) to understand test results, draws conclusions and assess mission results.
- Participate in pre- and post-test briefings and advise on system troubleshooting and behavior.
- Communicate test results verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leverage analytical studies to evaluate and advise on system architecture or potential alternative solutions.
- Report systems performance in official Navy T&E reports. Reports such as Daily Test Summaries, Naval Message Report, DT/OT Transition report, Summary Report, RTR, Deficiency Report.
- Support laboratory and flight testing.
Travel may be desired of the incumbent but is not a requirement for this position.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with 5 plus years of experience in flight test and/or Aircraft Platforms and Weapons. Will also consider candidates with high school diploma and 13+ years of experience in flight test and/or Aircraft Platforms and Weapons or an associate degree with 7+ years of experience in flight test and/or Aircraft Platforms and Weapons.
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaison with outside agencies and ability to work independently.
- Must demonstrate an ability to analyze and interpret multiple technical data sets, and organize/present data into tables, charts, graphs to support program requirements.
- Ability to learn how to use multiple data analysis tools and software packages for data reduction and display.
- Experience with coding in MatLab and visual basic to develop new analysis tools and/or modify existing MatLab, Python and Excel tools.
- Basic understanding test plans, and Detailed Methods of Test for all weapons systems undergoing initial integration or regression testing on the F/A-18 aircraft.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Possess high moral character and integrity.
- Ability to acquire and obtain Top Secret Clearance.
- Familiarization with Agile and the ability to work within small groups or Scrum teams.
What we offer
Salary Range: $64,942 - $92,000