February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Principal Financial Group® is dedicated to improving the wealth and well-being of people and businesses around the world—helping more than 45M customers plan, protect, invest, and retire. Along the way, we commit to supporting the communities where we do business. Improving our planet. And building a diverse, inclusive workforce.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Principal is seeking a Data Analyst to work on enterprise-wide projects for our Data and Analytics Consulting Team!
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Perform general analytics and statistical modeling on data sets in various areas of the business including data aggregation and insight development, analysis of data and presentation.
- Examine and identify data patterns and trends to help answer business questions and improve decision making.
- Utilizes best practices in data preparation, UX and data analytics to provide our business partners with highly informative and actionable insights. Partner with data engineers to define & build data pipelines.
- Performs statistical modeling on existing data sets. Develop analytic models that support business initiatives.
- Consulting with our business partners to use the data available to investigate issues facing the business, without always having a well-defined hypothesis.
- Able to effectively articulate insights to help stakeholders answer the most critical questions. Create compelling written, numeric and visual summaries.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical field preferred) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Data Analyst or related analytics, consulting, or project management experience required
- Previous work experience data querying with SQL and either Python, R, or SAS required
- Previous dashboarding experience with tools such as Looker, Power BI or Tableau required
- Strong communication skills and previous experience working with business partners and stakeholders required
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and surrounding ecosystems (AWS, Azure) preferred
- Experience with Web Analytics, Omni Channel, and Campaign Analytics highly preferred
- Experience presenting digitalization is highly preferred
- Previous experience working with marketing preferred
What we offer
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$86500 - $116900 / year