About Our Company
U.S. Bancorp, with nearly 70,000 employees and $554 billion in assets as of December 31, 2020, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States. The Minneapolis-based bank blends its relationship teams, branches and ATM network with digital tools that allow customers to bank when, where and how they prefer. U.S. Bank is committed to serving its millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial, corporate, and investment customers across the country and around the world as a trusted and responsible financial partner. This commitment continues to earn a spot on the Ethisphere Institute’s World’s Most Ethical Companies list and puts U.S. Bank in the top 5% of global companies assessed on the CDP A List for climate change action. Visit usbank.com for more.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Part of the Elavon broader Revenue Optimization Organization, the Payment Optimization team is looking to hire the best and brightest. We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to support driving strategic initiatives within Payment Optimization Team.
This Data Analyst position plays a vital role in the ongoing success of the Payment Optimization team with responsibility for driving moderately complex projects and/or components/phases of larger, more complex projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using technology to extract and manipulate data from multiple operational systems and data repositories, write and run queries to gather accurate and timely data.
- Using data analytics and reporting tools to develop new dashboard, reports, visualizations, or statistical analysis as required, complete with additional ad-hoc requests.
- Maintaining daily and monthly reporting packages and dashboards to monitor, analyze and report on key metrics around client delivery and servicing operations. Interpret operational data results, delivering complex analysis and meaningful insights.
- Performing analyses to support key business initiatives, preparing and delivering presentations, describing trends and conveying findings
- Supporting continuous improvement through, identifying opportunities to uplift data collections, maintain data integrity, elevate reporting methodology and data analysis.
- Understand both our business model and how we generate revenue as well as an understanding underlying technology platforms and data sources.
- Must be able to translate business needs to technical solutions both in functional capabilities as well as data need
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of statistical and/or data analytics experience
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Working knowledge of analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Excel, Tableau tools and others to perform analysis and interpret data
- Experience in analytics, advanced analytics/statistics, predictive modeling
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Interchange knowledge preferred, Visa and MasterCard
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning, organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills
- Creativity – ability to think outside of the box
- Eagerness to work intensively in joint teams to accomplish project objective
- Self-starter attitude – ability to self-serve, investigate and get the information needed for the project at hand
What we offer
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law