About Our Company
Troutman Pepper is a national law firm with more than 1,200 attorneys strategically located in 23 U.S. cities. The firm’s litigation, transactional, and regulatory practices advise a diverse client base, from start-ups to multinational enterprises. The firm provides sophisticated legal solutions to clients’ most pressing business challenges, with depth across industry sectors, including construction, energy, financial services, health sciences, insurance, private equity, and real estate, among others.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Troutman Pepper has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst supporting the Data Science & Analytics team. The ideal candidate has robust experience producing well-designed Power BI dashboards that provide actionable insights and highlight opportunities for non-technical users.
The position works with key stakeholders across the organization to design, develop, and deploy analytical tools and dashboards that enhance decision making, drive automation and efficiencies, improve the client experience, and identify areas where we can further support our client needs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Using Power BI, visualize information to extract trends and translate data into actionable insights and analytics with the end-users’ goals in mind.
- Working with team members, extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from disparate sources and unify where possible; manipulate, clean, and prepare data for analysis on an ongoing, project-by-project basis.
- Support the Senior Data Scientist with ETL and other projects on an as-needed basis
- Assist in project management by coordinating and documenting requirements gathering efforts, end-user feedback, and usage of visualization solutions available across the firm.
- Collaborate with lawyers and stakeholders across business services, building relationships and identifying opportunities to leverage analytics and dashboards to enhance firm strategies and operations.
- Act as product manager for dashboards, reports, and other deliverables, ensuring that feedback from all stakeholders is gathered and leveraged in the ongoing system enhancement process.
- Where appropriate, assist in the management of outside vendors which support external data reporting and APIs, including outside consultants, product support personnel, trainers and others as requested.
- Work with members of other teams, including the IT organization, to resolve technical problems that may arise across data sources and teams.
- Gather input to facilitate the implementation of data-based solutions across the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intellectually curious, a creative, self-starter with innovative problem-solving skills who can handle multiple projects simultaneously while focusing on continuous improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to present results of analysis to audiences of all levels, including firm leadership and attorneys.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience interpreting business needs and drawing insights from raw data.
- Proactive, self-motivated, willing to learn new skills, and strives for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with teams to promote consistent and efficient workflow processes.
- Identify and respond to internal and external client inquiries in a timely manner and seek feedback/follow-up as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to provide high-quality service and partner effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within the firm as well as external contacts.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently in a hybrid, and in-office setting.
- High degree of proficiency in data visualization platforms (Power BI preferred) and data management platforms (e.g., Alteryx, SQL Server Mgmt. Studio, Azure Data Studio).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS products, emphasis on Excel
- Python and SQL proficiency is highly preferred
- Power BI Service administration experience
- API querying, JSON and R proficiency a plus
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitative field.
- Four (4) or more years of relevant experience, preferably in a legal or professional services firm, or any combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the position's duties.
What we offer
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00